SHE'S ALIVE!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
well today i finally got the CRX running since i got it back from when it was stolen. the fucker theives stole my distributor (didnt unplug it, just cut the plugs right off the harness..fuckers), spark plugs wires, power cable, and (+) battery terminal (god knows why). so when i got it back i had no way of starting it, and i feared the worst and that the engine was fucked in some way. i spend 2 months getting the right distributor, getting plug wires and all the other shit i needed, took the longest to get the right distributor, GSR distributors are suprisingly hard to find for a good price.

so last week i spent 3 hours wiring up the distributor plugs in the freezing cold. i was working alone and reading from the helms and making sure i was matching the colors right and getting the everything to the right spot on the ecu, did i mention it was like 10 degrees out?

and now today i got the power hooked back up. this wasnt such an easy task either. the whole on the end of my starter cable was not large enough to fit over the bolt on the starter. i spent a good half hour enlarging it with a round file. then i had to find the right nut to fit the starter. helms didnt have the thread pattern so i had to try like 987432574985 sizes jus by looking at it. i had 1 that fit and it caught my eye by accident, guess that's how that goes though. then i had to get power back to the fuse box. naturally the asshat thieves just yanked the wire right out so the terminal was all mangled and i had to fidgit with that for another 30 minutes.

after i got everything hooked to the battery, it was the moment of truth. i had to put the key in the cylinder and attempt to start it and see if i did everything right. i sat in the drivers seat expecting the worst. i even almost forgot to push in the clutch cause ive been driving an auto teg for the past 2 months :lol: . so i put in the key, press the clutch, and turn the key expecting nothing to happen, or for it to sound fucked. it cranked for about 5 seconds before firing up. i was so relieved. the worst is over. the engine sounded jus as it did 2 months ago. but thats with a bad idle which unfortunately wasnt stolen as well, lol.

other things that were stolen are: wheels, rear hatch, stereo, intake, my full WW kit excet the front which they were unable to get off, corner lights, taillights, bumperlights, and all the above mentioned engine parts.

so now the restoration begins. i have many parts collected already like the full rear hatch, and rear bumper, along with everything needed to fix my idle (fast idle valve) and some go fast parts waiting for installation as well. but i still need many parts before it will be back on the road. hopefully i can have it on the road by the summer.

:cliffs:
the CRX lives!!
project: theft rebuild is officially underway
im happy :) :) :)

that is all.

dammit, that sucks- I mean it's cool that it's running again, but that def. blows about all that shit being clipped- Did the insurance company cover any of it?

glad to hear you finally got it up and running. now you gotta sell all those other distributers you have :lol:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 9 2004, 01:40 AM
:cliffs:
the CRX lives!!
project: theft rebuild is officially underway
im happy :) :) :)

that is all.

Thank God for :cliffs: :lmao:

Congrats man!!!

thanks y0, ill try my best to get some pictures but thats hard when you have no camera.

next item on the list is to fix the bad idle and i will be tackling that this weekend. ill have an update then. :)

WORK DAY #2
ok so this weekend i got a decent amount of stuff done on the rebuild. first on my list was to fix the idle. i had a cold start at 3000 and would bounce up and down until it warmed up. this was easily diagnosed about a month ago by simply putting my finger over the air bypass holes on the inside of the throttle body. when i put my finger over the hole for the Fast Idle Thermo valve low and behold, idle went to normal. replacing this valve is no easy task. i had to completely remove the throttle boddy just to get to it. and theres not exactly lots of room in a gsr'd CRX, so needless to say, it took a while to get it off. the replacement was pretty uneventful, it was just a straight replacement. so i ceaned up the throttle plate and threw on a new throttle body gasket and bolted everything back together. started it up....ahh much better, idle is perfect now :) .

next thing i wanted to do was reattach the key lock cylinder back to the steering collumn. at first i was gonna just replace the whole thing but then i found out that the thing uses shear bolts and basically said "fuck that", lol. i would have had to drill out the bolts and then get new bolts to do it that way. i would also have to get a new key. so i took a cheaper but just as effective method. i JB welded the bitch back on. lol. i've never used the stuff before but JB weld is my new best friend :) .

now on to the bumpers. they stole the rear bumper, and tried to get the front one but they failed at that. the rear support was all rusted and fucked so it needs to be replaced. so basically what i did was just remove both the front and rear bumper support, and in the trash do they go. i have a rear bumper ready to go on, but i just need the rear support so i can bolt up the bumper. and i have a front bumper and bumper support in the works :D , so soon i will have most of the body back together, minus the trim on the sides of the car. also while i was messing with the bumpers i saw that they had fucked up the bar where the hood latches too, i bent it back but it doesnt seem to be working too well so i might have to end up replacing that too :( .

she still need a lot of work, but shes getting there. :)

glad to hear you got it back... sorry for hte delay on late posts...

i still have a lot left to do, but im hoping to have it back on the road by the summer.

still left to do:

get all the glue off the side of the car (from the bodykit), and clean the car body up
fix hood so it latches right (might need a new one)
get a front bumper and support (in the works already)
get a rear bumper support (already have the bumper)
put bumpers and supports on
replace the taillights
replace front bumper lights
reinstall the corner lenses
get a shift knob and put it on
adjust the rear hatch so it sits straight
rewire that hatch so it has power to everything
replace the hatch struts
put the front interior back together (rear is staying completely stripped)
relocate battery to the back
get a new intake tube (either comptech icebox or fab up another intake myself)
wire in a new radio and speakers
replace struts in all 4 corners
replace all bushings with ES poly bushings
get a 99-00 si cluster and wire it up
get a 90-91 crx guage cluster hood/cover
rewire everything to work with this guage setup
get an electronic VSS and wire it up
and then clean the car inside and out

like i said its gonna take some time as some of this stuff is pretty expensive. im just hoping i can be done by summer

heyi got a whole 90 hf that i'm parting out, if you need something let me know and i'll sell it to you. i am also parting out an 88 if you would need anything off that which i doubt.

no but there was all kinds of tools, clothes, college books, a leather jacket, and an expensive laptop in there :ph34r:

Back