shif linkage problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

im having a few problems..i dont know how the new shift linkage hooks up to my b16. i know how to hook up the one that is connected to the shifter but the other bar for the shift linkage is the one im having the prob with..i dont see where to hook it up to the tramsission some please help me

theres a female threaded cylindrical thing comming out, about 2" long. I'm not near my car but I think it's right under the halfshaft. IT's pretty easy to find.

i have another problem with the shift linkage. im dont have the rubber incert that goes on the stablizer bar.but anyway i was wondering if anyone knows where i might find one.

do i need to get one for a integra or a crx. i dont think the crx one will work cause its alot smaller than the one that i need. dose anyone know?

Originally posted by rex187@Apr 3 2005, 01:38 AM
do i need to get one for a integra or a crx. i dont think the crx one will work cause its alot smaller than the one that i need. dose anyone know?
[post=481859]Quoted post[/post]​

What is the tranny code of your box? That would help a lot. I have a spare one from a Y1 or Y2 if you are stuck. Might take a whle to come from Scotland though.

look forget all dat crap about u need to get so and shift linkage and stabalizaer bar all u need is a d series transmisiion linkage and any honda stablizer linkcage cut the stabalizer in half leave like 10 inches on the linkage bang the edge u cut flat get a welder or drill ... drill out to wholes in the stabalizer linkage and under the body of the car bolt it up and u have a perfect ly workin shiftlinkage

I'd rather have a quality OEM honda linkage do the job.

When you hack some shit up like that your going to run into problems eventually.

Do what you want. For >$120 you can have BRAND NEW linkage.

it will work yea, and if you do the job well it might last a while.

But I still think I would go for the OEM peice, just for peace of mind.

i already have hasport shift linkage and i got some energy suspension bushings off of summit racing online. but thanks for all the help full info.

Back