1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shift linkage, help me out

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by welfare, Jul 19, 2007.

1. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

Ok, so I pulled the engine and tranny out of my del-sol, stock si, Painted the bay, either way, I swapped to a newer z6 cuz the old one smoked alot. When I took off the tranny I put it right next to another hydro d series tranny out of a Cx, now I have them confused.
    My question is, which tranny goes in the del-sol, tags are j8f and s20, easier question, is the d series sel-sol liinkage Longer than an eg hatch?
    Help me out so I can get this thing back in the car.
    Thanks in advance!

2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

Come on guys, someone has to know this stuff

3. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

i believe the sol has shorter linkages

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I figured it out, The del sol actually has longer shift linkage, by over an inch, closer to 2 inches longer than normal eg d series shift linkage, I also found out that not all d series axles are created equal, aside from the normal Hf differences, I found out that ef and eg/ek axles are different lengths.
    The driver's side is ok, a little longer if you are using ef axles on an eg/ek, but if you try to use ef passenger side axles on an eg/ek it won't work, the ef passenger side axle is about 1 inch too short, so when you bolt it in inner cv seperates. and since I onlt had ef axles at my garage I was dumbfounded as to why I couldn't get them to work until my brother pointed out that they were all ef axles, so we went down the road to the storage shed and grabbed a set of ek axles and then everything fit fine.
    O well another thing learned. Thanks anyway :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted