Shift linkage, help me out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Ok, so I pulled the engine and tranny out of my del-sol, stock si, Painted the bay, either way, I swapped to a newer z6 cuz the old one smoked alot. When I took off the tranny I put it right next to another hydro d series tranny out of a Cx, now I have them confused.
My question is, which tranny goes in the del-sol, tags are j8f and s20, easier question, is the d series sel-sol liinkage Longer than an eg hatch?
Help me out so I can get this thing back in the car.
Thanks in advance!

I figured it out, The del sol actually has longer shift linkage, by over an inch, closer to 2 inches longer than normal eg d series shift linkage, I also found out that not all d series axles are created equal, aside from the normal Hf differences, I found out that ef and eg/ek axles are different lengths.
The driver's side is ok, a little longer if you are using ef axles on an eg/ek, but if you try to use ef passenger side axles on an eg/ek it won't work, the ef passenger side axle is about 1 inch too short, so when you bolt it in inner cv seperates. and since I onlt had ef axles at my garage I was dumbfounded as to why I couldn't get them to work until my brother pointed out that they were all ef axles, so we went down the road to the storage shed and grabbed a set of ek axles and then everything fit fine.
O well another thing learned. Thanks anyway :)

Back