1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shift Linkage Problems

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hunter4life, Nov 13, 2007.

1. hunter4life

hunter4life Rotary Man

Hi I got a 92 gsr off a friend with a little front end damage for a $1000 which i thought was a great deal (came with exhaust,headers,tailights and a deck) Anways I started the swap in my 92 civic dx with an si engine. I pulled out both engines and when i put the gsr engine in my civic and connected all the wires, etc I went to hook up the transmision and found out the shift linkage doesn't work. So I thought I would take the transmision from the integra but that didn't work either. The civic is hydraulic while the gsr is oldschool and has the cable set up. Which I thought was wierd so if anyone can help me that would be great.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

what kind of si motor did you civic have in it a sohc d series or a dohc b series

3. hunter4life

hunter4life Rotary Man

I think a dohc(newbie) does that matter

4. AHHVTEC

yes if your car still had the stock motor in it your gona need a few things new linkage for a b seires, and a few motor mounts, if its dohc it will say just that right on top of the valve cover

5. AHHVTEC

your also gona need a new tranny or convert your car to a cable/hydro style

6. hunter4life

hunter4life Rotary Man

alright thanks, guess ill have to spend a couple hours doing some custom work.

7. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

do not hack together a shift linkage...if you have the money buy a hasport mount kit...and ebay has an AVID RACING shift linkage for cheap

8. hunter4life

hunter4life Rotary Man

Thanks I'll figure out a way maybe its better just to get that kit your talking about. Anyways thanks for everybody's help

9. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Shortening and re-welding a shift linkage definitely is not 'hacking together' a linkage as long as you are able to do it right. What do you think all the aftermarket linkages are? A shortened version of the OEM linkage.. it's not hard to weld a couple pieces of pipe together.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted