Shift linkage question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok so I am gonna probably have to end up buying a transmission from someone over the internet (didn't want to do that) no one around here has D-series transmissions. I googled the shift linkage I found out that I can get the push pin out of the shaft connecting to the tranmission. Ok now heres my question. Do I just use the push pin I take out and put it back in the other transmission? Do I use that rubber seal around the push pin and just transfer it over? Thanks.
-Mike

there is supposed to be a snap ring around the bitch pin. That rubber thing isn't all that important. I don't understand why changing your tranny is leading you towards changing your linkage also.

Quoted post[/post]]
there is supposed to be a snap ring around the bitch pin. That rubber thing isn't all that important. I don't understand why changing your tranny is leading you towards changing your linkage also.
Ehh the linkage is connected to the tranny correct? If im changing the tranny I need to reconnect the shift linkage to the NEW transmission right? :confused:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Ehh the linkage is connected to the tranny correct? If im changing the tranny I need to reconnect the shift linkage to the NEW transmission right? :confused:
yeah but the linkage comes completely off so you can use it on the new tranny your going to get. That shift linkage pin is called a bitch pin for a reason. Just take a bolt that it about the same diameter as the pin and just pound away until the pin finally gives. Hit it from the bottom until it pops out from the top.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah but the linkage comes completely off so you can use it on the new tranny your going to get. That shift linkage pin is called a bitch pin for a reason. Just take a bolt that it about the same diameter as the pin and just pound away until the pin finally gives. Hit it from the bottom until it pops out from the top.
Lol thats my whole point of this thread. I wanted to know if How to take the shift linkage off and put it on the new transmission.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok so I am gonna probably have to end up buying a transmission from someone over the internet (didn't want to do that) no one around here has D-series transmissions. I googled the shift linkage I found out that I can get the push pin out of the shaft connecting to the tranmission. Ok now heres my question. Do I just use the push pin I take out and put it back in the other transmission? Do I use that rubber seal around the push pin and just transfer it over? Thanks.
-Mike
by reading this it sounded like you were just asking about the pin itself :shrug2:

Back