shift linkage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dandutka

I'm doing a swap on my 1991 civic dx and putting in a B16a.. i was told a 1990 integra shift linkage must be used.. but can i use a 1994.. theres one on ebay.. i can't really afford much ... as well as ..for the conversion to v-tec should i use the hasport conversiona and the original harness as well?? n e ideas???
hasport linkages are too expensive so..

Dan

stuff costs money to do

you need a si engine harness from 88-91 with si resistor box, then you can get the hasport wire adapter thing for 75, there is no oem shift linkage that will work for a b series swap into a ef civic, you need to cut and weld some b series shiftlinkage or buy afterarket stuff,

you also need after market motor mounts, plus i dont know what ecu you plan on running unless you got a full cable b16 swap,
it is a cable swap right?

you cant just plug in the si harness you have to convert your DPFI harnes to MPFI,

if your talking about not having money, then dont do this swap, because you are gonna have to spend money to make it work

your gonna have to get aftermarket mounts hasport, hcp, etc
your gonna need to get hasport linkage, or your gonna have to modify the integra linkage
your gonna have to get 90-93 integra axles
your gonna have to crx std or si hubs
your gonna need to probobly get new brake rotors and pads for those hubs
your gonna have to pay an exhaust shop to match the b16 downpipe to your exaust, or you mine as well get new exhaust, you dont want that b16 breathing through a straw.
and unless you trust that dude in japan your gonna wanna get a new timing belt, waterpump, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, plug wires, oil and filter, coolant, new clutch, honda MTF, your looking at 1000 to roughly 1200 bucks in parts.

these isnt something you tie in with a rope, pop a couple broomsticks in the tranny, wire up the shifter with a coat hanger, rush over to your girlfriends house, and then off to the street races.... then again i could be wrong... give it a shot

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 28 2004, 09:42 PM
these isnt something you tie in with a rope, pop a couple broomsticks in the tranny, wire up the shifter with a coat hanger, rush over to your girlfriends house, and then off to the street races.... then again i could be wrong... give it a shot

:thumbsup: :lmao: :lmao:

My swap has cost over $3000 so far and I havn't installed it yet

B16a Sir 1 complete changeover from hmotorsonline.com - $2531
^^Includes mounts and hubs
Misc Parts (timing belt, waterpump, spark shit...more shit) - $230
Clutch (exedy organic racing) - $270

Total: $3031

If you don't have at LEAST $3500 to spend DONT ATTEMPT THE SWAP!!!
(I say 3500 because you have to conver from DPFI to MPFI)

Just wire the vtec yourself: http://www.geocities.com/teampimports/b16a.html

just get a first gen b16(swap) for 1g and buy mounts(150), shorten shift linkage, the swap should come with axels,linkage and ecu, id say about 1400, plus time. its not that hard dpfi to mpfi is simple,
-joseph

oh,yea if you car is a 5speed dx then the hub will also work

WRONG!!

The swap will cost at the very least about $3000

-hasport mounts are the only ones worth spending money on
-an engine for $1000 will be shit (expect to pay about $2000)
-you have to have welding equiptment and knowledge to shorten an SL
-PLUS you have to replace lots of stuff on the engine (add about $200 min)

my engine is in my car, my mounts havent broke,my car doesnt smoke or over heat,axels are stright and pulls very hard. so why is my engine shit? to cut and weld a sl is easy(not rocket sience). why am i so wrong?

-joseph

??? can someone explain what crx is talking about?????

lol, " ktanaka: WRONG!!

-PLUS you have to replace lots of stuff on the engine (add about $200 min) "

Originally posted by hammerdgolfer@Feb 26 2004, 12:18 AM
there is no oem shift linkage that will work for a b series swap into a ef civic, you need to cut and weld some b series shiftlinkage or buy afterarket stuff.

damn, so i guess the shift linkage i used from a front clip isn't OEM...

1350 motor
140 axles
150 mounts
160 gaskets
215 exhaust
70 header
275 clutch
40 linkage
20 misc, bolts
50 rear tranny bracket
200 misc parts
150 replacement parts
280 dress up!

totall 3100.00

you dont

in response to crx's comments:

I don't think that your set up will be reliable in the long run. I'm not saying that it can't work, but my advice is that he shouldn't expect to be lucky enough to find good quality b16 with a good clutch, timing belt, water pump..etc for only $1000.

Its all just a matter of reliability. The more money you spend on the swap (and the higher quality components you buy) the more reliable your car will be in the long run. If you have a REALLY good hook up than I can understand how you could spend so little money. However, if you used all ebay parts and some no-name mounts you can't expect the car to last forever.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 1 2004, 10:54 PM
WRONG!!

-PLUS you have to replace lots of stuff on the engine (add about $200 min)

:werd:

Originally posted by thumpyls@Feb 25 2004, 11:34 PM
i dont think so..the 94 is hydro

shift linkages arent cable or hydro dependent. So it may very well work. I dont know give it a shot.

Back