Shift linkage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90vtec

Does any body know how much shorter to make them. We are putting a B16A 2gen in my friends 94 coupe. He is a welder so we figured that doing the shortening is easier then finding the linkage in our such WELL stock junk yard(sarcasim).

Any help would be great.

so i looked around for ya and I couldn't personally find any exact numbers- But i would think it wouldn't be very difficult to figure out- install the motor, install the shifter with the linakge only attached to one end (not sure which will work better???) and then remove the excess and tig those bitches back together- that's the best help i can give :shrug2:

94'-up integra ........... perfect fit.......

Welding a custom shift linkage can cause problems down the road........ ex. while racing...........

eh whatever, we weled up up custom linkage for my friends 73 nova from steel tubing and it turning out just fine- good tig wleds are as strong as regular steeel

i'd highly recommend buying one as well. i've yet to enjoy the feel of a welded one. not only is the length different, they are bent a little different.

hondaautomotiveparts.com can get you one for about $100-125
94-00 integra, any trim.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 13 2004, 01:31 AM
i'd highly recommend buying one as well. i've yet to enjoy the feel of a welded one. not only is the length different, they are bent a little different.

hondaautomotiveparts.com can get you one for about $100-125
94-00 integra, any trim.

i have ordered from them and they are good guys. sol is right thats not something you want to take the cheap route. the only way i would say weld it is if you have the proper shift linkage siting next to your civic linkage for proper alignment and sizing but i still dont recommend it.

cut the likage about 3 in from the tanny and 3 from the shiffter make sure the tranny is in ntrl and the shiffter is in the ntrl position the kark and re bend the likage till it fit snugly the just tack it and sit in the car and beat through the gears for a couple og mins if it feels good weld it up sold if not readjust it.
I hav made likages befor i havn't had a problem as of yet with my 4x4
of my buddy mustang/probe car

Thanks guy. Just spent all morning looking for some at the junkyard and nothin. Tons of 90-93's but no 94+ tegs. oh well. We wont buy them 100-125 is alot of money. I'm in canada. thats alomst 175 for it up here. Plus shipping, plus duties. OUCH!!!!! Try welding and if we fuck upthem we will re-evaluate.

actually after just reading this is for a 94 civic...I have a EF which pry wont be that easy ...well that sucks...:(

Back