shifter bushings??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

hey guys,i was wondering what good shifter bushings should i get for my 93 si coupe... Which kind would give me a better feel in shifting???? and how much do they go for????

ya man i had energy suspension bushings in my car b4 i got the LS swap, soo much better, i wish i could just buy the shifter bushing, but it only comes in the set i believe:(.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 15 2003, 02:47 PM
ya man i had energy suspension bushings in my car b4 i got the LS swap, soo much better, i wish i could just buy the shifter bushing, but it only comes in the set i believe:(.

no dude, you can get just the shifter bushings at autozone for 10 bucks

where are the shifter bushings located? anyone have a pic or what exactly it replaces? i know it replaces the stabilized bar bushing, but where does the other one go?

they made mine feel a lot better i also got the jimfab.com motor mounts for my car and an integra type r tranny so i dont really know what made the car feel like it was shifting smoother...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 15 2003, 03:57 PM
where are the shifter bushings located? anyone have a pic or what exactly it replaces? i know it replaces the stabilized bar bushing, but where does the other one go?

ummmm :unsure:

they are just like any other bushings, you just fit them into the shifter side of the linkage

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 16 2003, 03:12 PM
they are just like any other bushings, you just fit them into the shifter side of the linkage

i know that. but im saying where exactly are the bushings. i know the one goes on the stabalizer bar, but where does that round one go? does it go over the ball on the shifter? pics would be helpful ;)

the one that goes "over" the ball isn't really a bushing, it's like a gromit I'd say. The only bushing I know of is the one that goes in the hole in the bottom of the shifter, lol, pretty much the only place there can be one.

Do you know where the shifter end and the pivot bushing is? One, rectangular replaces that, and the other cylinder style replaces the stabilizer bar bushing.

I have a set, and it made it shift real firm.

wtf is a pivot bushing? someone please put up pics for my dumbass so i know what you are talking about.. im so confused, lol. :blink:

postpics.gif

Back