Shifter vibrating??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey guys,

I have a 97 GSR and my shifter vibrates like a bitch.... Do you think that clutch wear down could have a problem with the shifter shaking.. I checked out the bushings and they look fine.. The front of the car, even the pedals vibrate a bit.. Do you what could be causing it to shake.. If its my clutch wearing down i would like to know so that i could fix as soon as possible....

Thanks in advance...

JAZZY 19

I have a 2001 GS and I put in a short shifter and it started shaking really bad as well but I checked everything and it all seems fine. I am not sure what is causing mine to shake either so sorry I was no help at all.

The whole car is still stock.... just started doing the shaking bit recently???.. Anyone out there that knows of a solution???

I did a auto to manual on my crx and it does the same thing, why, I could not tell you. I rest my hand on it most of the time, but on long trips the noise get reall annying. I too would like a solution to this problem. :(

Hey shit... I've got the same problem... from like yesterday it started (no jokes!). It seems at low revs only, like 1000-2000 rpm, the dashboard, gear lever... pretty much the whole car seems to be vibrating.... rev past 2000 and it seems fine. I thought it might be the crank pully coming loose, but seemed fine. And it makes no difference whether you're in neutral or if the clutch is pressed in. The only thing I could think of is that the fuelling or timing is out so the idling is not smooth which creates vibration... or a broken engine mounting? I also want to know what the hell is going on!

Check your engine and torque mounts. Check your shifter bushings too. They do wear out. The rubber inserts inside of them get old and tear.

My shifter shakes at lower rpms because of my exhaust. My exhaust is probably 3 inches away from my shift linkage. This happens on my 00 civic si.

come to think of it.. it feels like its the exhaust..when i step on the gas it shakes harder.. What could you do to fix this problem.....

in my CRX I ran the exhuast straight back, under the gas tank and out the left side, i had used a peice of row-bar(sp?) and just made a soild mount of the exhuast.

This was a very bad idea, It made a *very* soild brace to the motor and wouldn't allow it to shift forwards or backwards (motors twist under toruqe) It would shake the hell out of my car from liek 2500-2700 rpms then be fine.

i redid it wiht proper hangers and it fixed everything.

make sure your exhuast has some free movement and also that your motor mounts ar egood

Back