Shifting/Redline problems with JDM H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i didnt ask if it was from a prelude because preludes came with h23's and f22a', which would mean that you could have gotten the wrong tcu if you simply went by 'prelude tcu'.
quote]
last time i checked preludes did come with h22's

your right, but from 92-96 preludes also came with H23s and F22s. from 88-91 they came with b20s and b21s. i wouldnt bring back threads to make pointless posts.

reikoshea said:
your right, but from 92-96 preludes also came with H23s and F22s. from 88-91 they came with b20s and b21s. i wouldnt bring back threads to make pointless posts.

how was it pointless? i corrected him. it stops from spreading false statements.

and like you're one to talk about bringing bakc threads and making pointless posts. wtf does that have to do with anything? you sure as hell didnt correct me. i never said they ONLY come. all you did was add a bit of information that had nothing to do with the topic.

he is talking about h22's, which come in 92+ preludes. im pretty sure he is smart enough to not get anything from a pre 92 prelude.

oh, and I didnt bring back anything. it was revived by the orignal poster and I replied the same day.

please get your shit straight if you're gona try to flame me or make me look stupid. if you dont, you make yourself look stupid. especially when you're a mod.

this forum is fucking worse than honda-tech. there is so much misinformation its not even funny.

Dayem, you guys got me happy for a while, I thought it would be more info for me to fix my problem but I guess it wasn't. No need to argue guys...

how was it pointless? i corrected him. it stops from spreading false statements.

and like you're one to talk about bringing bakc threads and making pointless posts. wtf does that have to do with anything? you sure as hell didnt correct me. i never said they ONLY come. all you did was add a bit of information that had nothing to do with the topic.

he is talking about h22's, which come in 92+ preludes. im pretty sure he is smart enough to not get anything from a pre 92 prelude.

oh, and I didnt bring back anything. it was revived by the orignal poster and I replied the same day.

please get your shit straight if you're gona try to flame me or make me look stupid. if you dont, you make yourself look stupid. especially when you're a mod.

this forum is fucking worse than honda-tech. there is so much misinformation its not even funny.

and if you notice, the comment i made didnt have anything to do with what you previously posted. i hit quote on the wrong post. i meant to quote ef8's post. but he messed up the tags when he quoted you, so it put both posts together. i was more agreeing with you in my statement than saying you were wrong.

seriously dude, its the internet, no need to get thine panties in a wad.

im not mad, thats just how i am. meet me in person and I talk like a truck driver.

Hey guys,
I'm back...well, I finally found myself another prelude p19 tcu and swapped with my old p19 tcu and nothing happens. My car still shift differently in 4th gear and redline still stuck at 6300 rpm...:confused: The only problem I can think of as right now is...could it be my ecu or something with the transmission going bad? :confused: Well, I hope someone out there have some idea to help me out...

If you manually stay shifted down, does the motor rev up like it should? Or is this just a shifting too early problem? I revved the shite out of my old motor, and I never swapped TCUs.

Vehicles also go into open loop on cold start-up. If your ect(engine coolant temp) or tft (trans fluid temp) is malfunctioning...usually reads -40 degrees on a scan-tool your car will not go into closed loop. The point about not going over 3 grand still holds true as well as it should throw a cel. I don't remember the year you stated...if it's OBDII you should be able to hook up to a scan tool and check temps and such...under engine data with a Modis scanner. Best of luck to ya! Autos are quite a handful.

If you manually stay shifted down, does the motor rev up like it should? Or is this just a shifting too early problem? I revved the shite out of my old motor, and I never swapped TCUs.

If I manually shift down, yes the motor will rev up. I usually don't manually up/down shift my car since it's an auto. The only problem I'm having is that it's changing into 4 gear at the wrong speed/rpm while I'm driving it normally. This is my 2nd TCU now and it sill does the same...I'm thinking could it be my ecu now?

Vehicles also go into open loop on cold start-up. If your ect(engine coolant temp) or tft (trans fluid temp) is malfunctioning...usually reads -40 degrees on a scan-tool your car will not go into closed loop. The point about not going over 3 grand still holds true as well as it should throw a cel. I don't remember the year you stated...if it's OBDII you should be able to hook up to a scan tool and check temps and such...under engine data with a Modis scanner. Best of luck to ya! Autos are quite a handful.

Whats an open loop again? And how does that occur? How can I check to see if my coolant/tranny fluid is malfunctioning? My motor is a 95 H22a OBD1.

open loop means the ecu is checking the sensors, but the changes to the fuel map arent sensor dependent.

i will say that your foot HAS TO BE on the floor for an automatic to rev completely through the rev band. My mom's volvo shifts at 3k when i drive it normally, but itll hold to 5500 if i have my foot on the floor.

Dammit, I guess I'll just have to take it to the shop for a diagnosis.

So? What ever happened. I'm ordering an H22 OBD I with the AT(LSD) attached and sure don't want to have to dick with all this crap.

The world wonders...

Hey mulepick, when getting a h22a w/ auto tranny, make sure you get a TCU as well if you want your motor to shift/redline correctly. Staying with the f22a TCU is fine as well but it will not give your h22a motor the full power you redline it. About my motor, I still need to take it to the shop for a diagnosis, it still does the same thing if you read the previous posts on here. Good luck with yours!

Back