Shifting @ wat RPM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
your going to have to get your ecu chipped so you can take it out to 8500 then...

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 10:30 AM
what kind of tires do you have?

i want othr tires other than stock ,for obvious traction reasons but if i switch to something with beter grip ill break my new axles like a fucking twig.i just blew my drivers side cv shaft on 2 month old axles with street tires. :(

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 11:49 PM
i can actually shift at what ever I want to(or my engine wants to break at), I have no rpm limit

Yeah? wow...so you just let it wind out and burry the tach needle then? When it blows up don't be surprised why then.

usually the best decision on when to shift comes from looking at dyno sheetrs from your car- If the hp and torque curves start to dip at a certain point than it's probably wise to shift before the dip in power

-and to the jackhole with no rev limiter- COOL- i bet you would get gobs of power with race gas if you revved the sucked to 15000RPM :)

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 16 2004, 11:29 PM
near my house so my parents dont think im beating on my car-2500
farther from my house where they cant hear me 3000-4000
racing-
launch 3000-3500
shift at 8500

:wtf2:
and what kind of moron launches at 7000rpm in a civic? i wouldnt be suprised if he ran a 27, if i tried launching that high my wheels would start smoking and I wouldnt go anywhere. :whatafucktard: :fr: its kids like that that it takes 27 revs to 7000 to get out of a parking spot.
[post=314218]Quoted post[/post]​

its morons like you that can't read that make me wonder well just to let all u fucktards know his tires didnt even bark they didn't spin and the car just went. yea the car was kinda fucked up and it wasnt that fast but u know what thats what it took to run that its what real drivers do. they do what it takes to go the fastest you butch of fucking morons. i have a civic that I ran 12.1 at 117 so tell me i can't drive u assholes. every car i have gotten into i have gone faster then the owner or the person driving it. all you people could even handle a car going 12's so shut your mouths and quit being assholes.

Originally posted by mjfubar@Dec 15 2004, 12:06 AM
all you people could even handle a car going 12's so shut your mouths and quit being assholes.
[post=432345]Quoted post[/post]​

My friends pickup truck runs low 11's (worked 350 on NAAWWWWZZZ in an S10) and I drive it quite often at the track.... I think many of us can handle 12 second cars/trucks.

and launching at 7000 isnt what the real drivers do, the AEM drag civic launches at 4700rpm. 7000 and not spinnning the tires, his car must have problems, because launching that high in my car, feathering the clutch, it'll still spin them...
launching that high will break axles too

and stop digging old threads up....this ones from april

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 17 2004, 11:28 AM
i launch and shift at 8500 at all times
doesnt matter what gear im in
doesnt matter if im racing or not
doesnt matter if there is a cop right next to me
8500 AT ALL TIMES
[post=314375]Quoted post[/post]​

W00t :werd:

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back