shipping a motor.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
just got a quote to ship a f23 from ct to fl for $372 from ups. i think that is a crazy price to charge. what company have any of you shipped a motor with? and how much did it cost? thanks

thats a good price yoru just cheap. i used to ship them all the time and thats about average. you bougt the motor no use being cheap now suck it up

did not buy it i sold it. why can i ship a tranny for $50? how much do you pay for a whole swap shipped? 160? not being cheap just not getting ripped off.

working with ups all day long I can say that it's a reasonable price. We ship big parts and that's about what you're gonna have to pay for ups. Otherwise we truck it through some carrier.

shipping to a business address is cheaper

Its more than a tranny, because they don't need a fucking lift gate to get a tranny on a truck. You can lift a tranny. I'd like to see you lift an f series motor by your self.

i dont care if i can or cant lift it myself all they charge is 25 each way. and im going to put it on when they pick it up. so good excuse for 25 bucks. uhh no

Dude, there's a huge difference between a trasmission and a whole motor. More than twice the size and weight, stop being cheap.

While that's a good price from UPS, it's not a good price in general. Anything over 75 lbs, UPS rapes you because their drivers have to move it around. On the rare occasion when I have to ship something more than 75 lbs, I'll use ABF or G.O.D.

My 3S-GTE with the pallet weighed about 300 lbs, and only cost me $160 to have it shipped from Cali to VT using ABF.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 25 2004, 08:07 AM
On the rare occasion when I have to ship something more than 75 lbs, I'll use ABF or G.O.D.

G.O.D., eh?

"Dear Lord, please move this engine to its destination. I offer you this chocalate cupcake as thanks. Amen."

Originally posted by DarkHand+May 25 2004, 09:39 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@May 25 2004, 08:07 AM
On the rare occasion when I have to ship something more than 75 lbs, I'll use ABF or G.O.D.

G.O.D., eh?

"Dear Lord, please move this engine to its destination. I offer you this chocalate cupcake as thanks. Amen."

1.800.DIAL.GOD

Go ahead and call the big guy up... He won't answer your prayers, but he will answer the phone.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 25 2004, 06:43 AM
Dude, there's a huge difference between a trasmission and a whole motor. More than twice the size and weight, stop being cheap.

did you read anything else i wrote? WHOLE SWAP SHIPPED FOR 160! have you ever shipped an engine? yes? where and how much? no? then dont reply. thanks. and it seems like i am paying alot, loco got his shipped for 160.

thanks loco for replying something usefull i'll get a quote from them today. thanks alot

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+May 25 2004, 10:54 AM-->
Originally posted by DarkHand@May 25 2004, 09:39 AM
Loco Honkey
@May 25 2004, 08:07 AM

G.O.D., eh?

1.800.DIAL.GOD

Go ahead and call the big guy up... He won't answer your prayers, but he will answer the phone.

I would LOVE a G.O.D. tee-shirt... :lol: I always get a kick seeing their trucks on the road. :)

Back