1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping from Japan

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by lowassaccord, Mar 15, 2004.

1. lowassaccord

lowassaccord Senior Member

Does anyone know how or where to go to get something shipped from Japan (transmission). My brother lives there and can get me a JDM tranny much cheaper than geting my broken one rebuilt. Any info would be appricated. :feedback:

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

you'll have to put it on your tab at harry's and overnight the parts from japan

:p

3. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the post office? lol put it in a box and have him address it to you

6. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Love how you guys can be so sarcastic...

lowassaccord,

Most international shipping companies have "online" tools to give you an 'idea' of what it will cost...they will ask you for thing like dimensions and approx. weight to give you an idea of shipping cost ( example: www.fedex.com ).
    Couriers have people that make sure that the "appropriate" paperwork is done up and filed with customs (examples: commercial invoice & country of origin) which are very important as customs will hold up your shipment if this is not the done properly. Plus if the item in not categorized properly in regards to duties and tariff's you may end up paying more for the shipment than you should.
    ...and yes I know what I'm talking about, I have been a Logistics Coordinator tracking international shipping for the last 2 years...

Hope this helps...

Jason

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Being sarcastic is life. this is great, I love being sarcastic. He should have known to just check any International Shipping Company, shit I would have even known this.

8. lowassaccord

Hey thanks for the responses i have. All you other ass holes can suck a big fat cock! Yea i do know about the post office i was simply asking if anyone knew of a good way to get something shipped, maybe a way not many people know about, a good company to deal with because there are a lot of companies that are not good with international shipping.

So yea thanks again :fuckyou:

9. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Hey...I tried to help.

Jason <_<

10. lowassaccord

yes jason you did and i appricate that i thought i wrote thanks in that for you being a great help not an ass, but i guess not so i am now thanks.

11. HondaMoCo

HondaMoCo Senior Member

RMFAO dude i was crying i was laughing so hard, i would just skip the whole shipping and just go through an importer here, it would probably end up being around the same

12. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

In the end though it is going to cost you more to get a tranny shipped from Japan, than finding one in the US already. Try ANY of the online motor deales, most have trannies they sell seperate. Shipping overseas, especially one big item like a tranny is not going to be cheap, and if it is, it is going to take a long time.

13. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

:werd: figured this one out myself also

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted