shipping monitor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Newspaper. They're not going to ship it back to you in that box anyway, or even ship you back the same panel. They don't want to keep it either.

I thought you were an engineer...

Newspaper will not absorb any of the energy of the forces that the package will encounter. Newspaper is a no-go and any damage claim will be denied by FedEx or UPS due to insufficient packaging... forget about the post office.

Packing peanuts are useless because once they absorb the energy the first time, then they cannot absorb a second shock. There's many shocks when it rides on the truck.

Foam is the best option. Air pouches are the next best option and after that is bubble wrap. Make sure all void space is filled so the monitor cannot move around in the box.

The easiest way to get the supplies is to go to a local staples or UPS Store. The UPS Store has a pack and ship promise. If they pack the box and the item is damaged, they'll refund the charges and the cost of the item.

Even though I work for the corporate company, I'm honestly not sure how the UPS Store would handle a RS label with the pack and ship promise. I assume they'll just charge you a fee for the materials and to pack but that will be up to the individual franchise.

I thought you were an engineer...

Yes I am- so I go for the simplest solution. Simple being that there is no need to spend tons of money packing it super nicely if they're just going to throw it away. It's typically going to be a lot cheaper and easier to just replace the monitor with the closest equivalent model instead of repairing it.

If they really are going to repair it, then yes- you'll want to pack it nicely. I don't think that they will- that's why I suggested newspaper.

Well in that case, stick a UPS lable on the screen and ship the fucker. That would be funny to see going through the mail.

got it back today...

well, i got a monitor back anyway.

i sent a 305T.
i got back a refurb 305T Plus (which is the newer model with the newer panel, otherwise the same).

time to plug it in.

the T stands for TURBOOOOO!
turbo-whistler.gif

I'm going to stuff one of those in your exhaust pipe while you're distracted.

By distracted, I mean, macking on some fat chick saying "I drive an Evo."

WELL FUCK ME.

this thing is all wack. monitor looks fine, but the stand... wtf. i'm getting dizzy just looking at this thing.
stupid assembly worker must not have had his v8 the day he made this one.

my desk is pretty level... the monitor is a good 8-10* off center.
ugh...

wall mount?

Attachments

• PICT0983.JPG
    PICT0983.JPG
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 94
  • PICT0984.JPG
    PICT0984.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT0985.JPG
    PICT0985.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 89
  • PICT0986.JPG
    PICT0986.JPG
    652.3 KB · Views: 97
and yes, i know, i need to friggin dust. lol

i'm going to try my old stand next... (i took it off before i shipped just the panel). nothing 'looks' bent on the stand, so it might be the mout points on the vesa 100 on the back. i dunno.

off to dinner with my parents, i'll fuck with it more later.

Toss a playboy under the left side and call it a day.

i'm going to try my old stand next... (i took it off before i shipped just the panel). nothing 'looks' bent on the stand, so it might be the mout points on the vesa 100 on the back. i dunno.

off to dinner with my parents, i'll fuck with it more later.

Dinner at 5? Shitttttt. Super early.

Back