1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shitty brakes

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by stmotorsports, Feb 1, 2008.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

alright, so this has got me pissed off...

the brakes on my 2000 Si have been shitty ever since I got it- very low pedal and pressure, and it doesnt stop all that great. Now i just recently picked up a 96 hatch for my girl and it's pretty much the same.

The Si has all new hawk pads and brembo rotors at all 4 corners, stainless braided lines, have replaced the mc, and flushed/bled several times with fresh syn fluid using several methods but mostly using my pressure bleeder. Basically the only thing left that I havent messed with is the calipers, lines and prop valve which afaik are factory original parts.

the hatch has the stock front configuration and a gsr rear disc swap, we have replaced all 4 calipers and pressure flushed/bled several times.

the brakes on both cars suck compared to my 94 ex coupe with hawks and brembos all around. I have done all the brake work on that car as well, and have never had a problem with it.

any thoughts?

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Upgrade to a bigger brake MC?

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

shouldnt have to on the Si, but the GSR brake MC is 1" would be a good upgrade for the hatch.

4. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

yeah I'm pretty sure the Si is the biggest you can go before the 1" abs version, all non-abs ITRs run the same size mc as the Si. I've actually been considering swapping the Si mc into the hatch and getting a 1" for the Si just as upgrades for both but at this point I'm doubting that will fix the existing issues

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted