shitty brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

alright, so this has got me pissed off...

the brakes on my 2000 Si have been shitty ever since I got it- very low pedal and pressure, and it doesnt stop all that great. Now i just recently picked up a 96 hatch for my girl and it's pretty much the same.

The Si has all new hawk pads and brembo rotors at all 4 corners, stainless braided lines, have replaced the mc, and flushed/bled several times with fresh syn fluid using several methods but mostly using my pressure bleeder. Basically the only thing left that I havent messed with is the calipers, lines and prop valve which afaik are factory original parts.

the hatch has the stock front configuration and a gsr rear disc swap, we have replaced all 4 calipers and pressure flushed/bled several times.

the brakes on both cars suck compared to my 94 ex coupe with hawks and brembos all around. I have done all the brake work on that car as well, and have never had a problem with it.

any thoughts?

shouldnt have to on the Si, but the GSR brake MC is 1" would be a good upgrade for the hatch.

yeah I'm pretty sure the Si is the biggest you can go before the 1" abs version, all non-abs ITRs run the same size mc as the Si. I've actually been considering swapping the Si mc into the hatch and getting a 1" for the Si just as upgrades for both but at this point I'm doubting that will fix the existing issues

Back