Shld i turbo my b20a5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89_Prelude_Racer

PreludeRacer
I am looking for the best way to make my motor in my car to have the most power...and i was wondering if i should turbo the motor i have done some research and some places say that the motor can handle the turbo but others say it cant so i am wondering if anyof you guys can help me out..

how many miles ?,,to go more than 7psi i would competly build the bottom end,,you know they make motor mounts to put a h22a in there now

it has almost 200,000 miles .. yea i wld love to put a h22 in it but every where i go to find one they want an arm and a leg for it .. do u happen to know of a cheap website or a place to get them for a reasonible amount like perhaps under 4 grand.. but the only thing about h22's i herd that they mess up the steering and it hadles like crap.. i have thought about the rebuild of the bottme end but not sure if i shld turbo the b20a5 or the h22 bad hadleing cld u help me out on that decision

damn dude who did you call you can get 2 h22a for 4k go to h motors they got them at a good price, but yea the sterring does go to crap but the tork is well worth it unless you wont a road race car

if i can get a h22a for a good price do u think that i should just get cams and header or would it be ok to deck out the motor and get a turbo for it or is that to much power for the front end of the car

well i would trow the h22a in there and see how you like it and if its not enough power then you can go from there but to do anything magor to a h series you got to resleeve it, but its a out of the boc v8 killer no stock gt stang will wont any

alright koo thanks man for ur help.. bc i really dont know alot bout the h series i jsut know alot about the b series .. thanks again for helpin me out with wat to do and yea ur right on h motors i cld get 2 for the price of one around where i live lol ..

but back to your b honestly its a bit to many miles to realy do anything to besides basic bolt ons,,,no prob:)

it has almost 200,000 miles .. yea i wld love to put a h22 in it but every where i go to find one they want an arm and a leg for it .. do u happen to know of a cheap website or a place to get them for a reasonible amount like perhaps under 4 grand.. but the only thing about h22's i herd that they mess up the steering and it hadles like crap.. i have thought about the rebuild of the bottme end but not sure if i shld turbo the b20a5 or the h22 bad hadleing cld u help me out on that decision

in actuallity the H22 only weighs 30lbs more than the B20A5. putt a 30lb kid in your car and see if it makes a difference. whoever you herd from that says it will handle like crap is just assuming. you can find all the info you need on 3rd gen ludes at preludepower.com

call the junkyards and find a B21A1 head. slap that sucker on your B20A5 block and your cr should me somewhere around 8.86:1. then you'll be able to boost atleast 10-12lbs on your stock bootm end. i personally don't like boost. so i'd go with B16A pistons in the B20A5 block among other things. bump the cr up to 11.2:1. and get it tune.

Back