Shock Compatibility with Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bonez

I have a 93 Civic CX and everyone i know iz slamming the !@#$ outta there carz but when it comes time to get over a little bump they all scrape. Besides making a really nasty noise it can also really do some damage to ur car but anyway.......................I'm lookin into lowering my car i have 15" si's on there and i wanna lower it low but not too low (i have a really steep driveway) People say get adjustable coilvers and shocks but what brand do u guyz think iz best for my car if i'm looking to spend about $600??????? (93Civic Cx si's) :worthy:

Oh yea and i would like to minimize the bouncing as much az possible, this is a daily driver but i like to go out and play at night!!! :ph34r:

Don't lower it much and get Ground Controls ($300) and KYB GR-2's. That'll be a good setup/ride by guessing your driving style.

i waz thinking about getting some skunk2 coilovers mounted onto some Tokico Illumina shocks but i'm still not really sure because this car is gonna b daily dippin in and outta traffic az well az climbing my steep azz driveway!!!

i haven't heard good things about the skunk2 coilovers. very bouncy and the same old locking perch design. when i had the zero1 racing coilovers on my accord, the shop that did work on my car said they road a million times better than any skunk2 coilover they had installed. and i just had gr-2 struts. go figure.

My friend has ground control and KYB GR-2's his del sol and it rides nice. Barely any bounce! Only spent $500!! :roll: :roll:

I'm hearing nothing but good things about the KYB GR-2's, does anyone have any kind of complaints or downfalls for these???? and what would b a good coilover to mount onto the KYB's since the skunk2's seem to be bouncy??? :worthy:

P.S. does anyone have KYB on a 5th gen. hatch??? how do they hold up???

I personaly hated coil-overs , had a set of ground-control w/ kyb agx adjustable shocks ... the ride was ok .. till you wanted to go over a bump then it was the worst thing ever ....and dont even think about trying to get down a dirt road ... whew .. that sucked .. heh ..

my suggestion ... go with Tockico HP Set of Shocks w/ H&R sport springs .. cause really .. how many times are you going to adjust your ride heigth. Then if you do get coil-overs do you know anyone that does counter weighting ? they are simple to change but if you are doing i by yourself by the time you realize that you have picked up your car 5 times ,taken all the wheels five times and adjusted each place sitter to what you think is where you want it .. and realize that it still isnt the right adjustment yet ... it gets old . .heh ..
just my 2 cents

ur right about keep on adjusting the car but my fear iz my damn driveway. my shyt iz like a hill in cali STEEP i'm bout to just get an airbag kit n call it a day lol i'll flip a switch and climb that beast

air bag kits are koo but, are really just for those that are going for more looks than performace on thier car ...

Back