Shock fork question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

Hi
I was changing out the shocks on my car and the bolt on the fork thing(shock fork on front suspension with pinch bolt) on the bottom of the shock that pinches tight on the shock was frozen. I used a torch to heat it up and try and get the bolt out. In the process of heating it and getting the bolt out I cracked the fork. My local honda dealers are being A holes about getting parts for an Acura. My car is a 91 integra. Does anyone know if the forks are the same for civics/integras of the same year? If I could order one for like a 91 civic or somethin that would be easy. Acura dealership is over 100 miles away, and I dont feel like driving(and they want money to order it, and thats 200 mile round trip, then I need to pick it up another 200 miles, u get the point). Honda dealership is like 5 minutes away.
I was really suprised that it cracked, I didnt have the torch that hot or close to it, and that its cast iron.
help me out
thanks
Dan
:cliffs:
shock fork cracked. cant get to acura dealership. need to know if civic(or any honda) fork is same as 91 integra.

im PRETTY sure you need a 88-91 fork, prettysure, pretty dam sure, check how much it is becaus i have 2 around here im not using

Originally posted by hammerdgolfer@Aug 11 2004, 03:00 AM
im PRETTY sure you need a 88-91 fork, prettysure, pretty dam sure, check how much it is becaus i have 2 around here im not using
[post=375183]Quoted post[/post]​

it is 46 bucks new from honda.

Back