Shocks And Springs Installed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Well I can say I have mad love for the auto hobby shop on base, $5/hr and I got a rollaway, air tools, and a hydro lift. Can't really beat that. 2 1/2hrs later, after some malletizing on the rear, and we were washing our hands and paying our renters fee of $12!!! SWEEEET!

s3ed0e4094bafd.jpg

The whole thing went real smooth, here the front

s3ed0e3fa1fbf2.jpg

And the rear, like I said some mild malletizing was required (good thing I'm an aircraft mech.., meck??? err I fix planes :lol:) , which lead to a realignment.

s3ed0e3e9afc8c.jpg

That was more or less bought because the shocks cost me less then I thought they would, being wrong is good!

s3ed0e3cc3d0bd.jpg

And were done, the shocks were adjustable by half turns up to 100% stiffer then the factory shocks, I went with two in the front, and four in the rear (out of a max of 5), it has since proven to keep more weight on the front wheels (which was the idea in the first place. Koni claims there shocks work well with any springs, and they work well with the skunk2 that's for certian. All in al a fun project, and my first real experience working on a car (besides oil & plugs and stuff).

what kind of konis are those? how much did you pay for the whole set up? ya im in the navy and the hobby shop is pimp shizzle. alignment, balance, air tools, we even got a sandblaster and a torch but you have to be certified to use...

Very nice. I thought Koni Reds were non-adjustable? Or are they just less adjustable than the Yellows?

Adjustable to 100% stiffer then stock via five half turns, no the ride height is about 2 inches lower, I don't recall what KIND of koni's they are other then there red, 5040 series?? (there's red and yellow). Springs $200, shocks $350, tie bar $150??, wheels from ALLJDM.com cost be like $460 shipped (and saved me almost 16lbs rotational), and wrapping them in KUHMO ESCOT's (SP?) cost me like another $380, time to buy a clutch/flywheel and then I'm ready to start building my engine for boost!

Back