Shood I Build Up A Crx Dx Motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jayzee

:blink: i wanna kno if it wood be worth building up a stock dx motor from an 88 crx... cuz i heard u can get mad horse( bout 180) if u switch the heads around with someother head, and build it up. or shood i jus wait for my ls i'm gettin for 500 bucks from my brother? someone give me some shiz, bcus i'm thinkin bout jus goin wit my ls.

eh it is worth it if you want to do some cheap mods, and don't mind having some machining done, but over all it will not get you the power you want, if i were you i would try to get a d16a6 block and swap heads or use the dx head, and go turbo...
and if you are going all motor, i would do an MPFI swap, si cam, and some high compression pistons, and if you have the time and money maybe some stronger rods, that would be a pretty haul ass 1.5l...

No it's not worth it. Just get a D16A6 and do the MPFI conversion on it. No swapping heads or anything. If you are getting a LS swap for $500 that's a good deal, if it's just the motor you'll need another $1000-$1500 to get it in.

Originally posted by solblu@May 13 2003, 07:55 PM
No it's not worth it. Just get a D16A6 and do the MPFI conversion on it. No swapping heads or anything. If you are getting a LS swap for $500 that's a good deal, if it's just the motor you'll need another $1000-$1500 to get it in.

yeah man i am with solblu on this one, just go with the LS you will be much happier, it will probably cost you 500 bucks to build up the dx and it is just not worth it...

Back