Shooting at texas army base. 7 Dead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my thoughts, kill him. kill his family. kill anybody he's chatted on AIM with in the last year.

islamic extremists and terrorists are the scum of the world. oddly the same feeling they have about americans. i guess i am no better. :shrug2:

I agree, however I think this guy just went crazy from the sounds of it. He spent like 6 years at Walter Reed, he could have killed way more people there if this was about killing Americans.

I don't think Islamic extremism is to blame here.

im thinking he tried to kill 43

Yep. Just saying, the usual M.O. of the extremists is the suicide bomb, that way they martyr themselves. Guns blazing isn't the typical approach.

He had apparently been on the gov't radar for several years, and they don't mess around when it comes to these guys.

i think he was on his way to a shooting gallery. there was a state rep from texas at the graduation. he would have made a strong point about what was and PTSD does to soldiers if he was able to kill her. if he made it into the auditorium, it would have been lights out for as many as he had bullets for.

regardless, i'm not fond of islamic people in the military. when we are at war with people who have strong religious beliefs, it just doesn't bode well.

Chances are the main stream media is going to spin this as Pre-PTSD. You guys should check out the newsweek article that is titled something like 'Military on the brink' or some shit.

No matter the case the guys a coward and a traitor to his country. They can bring up how much he was picked on or how he is a consensus object and all of that shit but if he didnt like it he should have fucking quit. Serve his time in the brig and be done with it.

Now this is assuming he wasn't a member of a sleeper cell. There isn't any direct evidence indicating that he was/is but that option is still on the table in my opinion.

he did a terrible thing for islamic people in america. doing shit like that makes you subject to discrimination and prejudice. i already get freaked out when i'm on the streets and see arabs with robes and head pieces on. the last thing i need is for these guys to go around shooting their own coworkers.

he did a terrible thing for islamic people in america. doing shit like that makes you subject to discrimination and prejudice. i already get freaked out when i'm on the streets and see arabs with robes and head pieces on. the last thing i need is for these guys to go around shooting their own coworkers.

And this is the problem. Everybody is afraid of the muslims. The fact is that Islam is a very moderate and peaceful religion for the most part. Thinking otherwise is like saying all Catholics blow up abortion clinics.

The fact is that Islam is a very moderate and peaceful religion for the most part.

i keep hearing that... yet i also keep seeing examples to the contrary... usually without any speaking out or outrage from the islamic community
now in this case there is some speaking out from the islamic community... unfortunately it all seems to be based in their not wanting to catch any backlash for the acts this person carried out...

And this is the problem. Everybody is afraid of the muslims. The fact is that Islam is a very moderate and peaceful religion for the most part. Thinking otherwise is like saying all Catholics blow up abortion clinics.

unfortunately the reputation of many is burdened by one. just like NBA players, a couple guys do stupid shit, everybody thinks they are all thugs and gang bangers.

If the Islamic community wanted to denounce this image, they could. but instead they approach with an "it is what it is" attitude.

so now everybody thinks islamics want to blow up americans.

E and 95b16 both nailed it. Everytime somethin goes down you hear about a religious leader talking about backlash and that's about it. They say hey we arnt all like this when they should be working on cleaning out there ranks. I'm not talking about a witch hunt but they have to know who the more radical secs are.

its a very fine line but some times you have to apply occams razor. Which makes more sense? Pre-PTSD or a guy who wants to undermine the war effort in the middle east? That Newsweek article to me proves the later. But the facts are not all out and they never will be. But perception is reality. I don't think all Muslims are bad but I do acknowledge that some of them are horrible individuals

Last edited:
just read where his mosque denounced his actions. as are my few muslim acquaintances.

Did anyone read the articles? It sounds like this dude was being picked on for being Muslim. Let's face it, the Army doesn't have MIT graduates in it's ranks. In my opinion, the dude got picked on, didn't feel like he was being treated like a real American/soldier, didn't want to go over seas and die for people who he felt didn't respect him. And he flipped out. Does that excuse his actions? Absolutely not. He's still a peace of shit. He targeted unarmed soldiers. Don't worry about him getting his. He did this in the great state of TEXAS! He's going to see the light. The one right above the switch on the chair.

I have a friend stationed at Ft. Hood. When I saw the news yesterday I immediately text him. Luckily he was not involved. But he also said that he was on lock down and had little information about what was going on. We exchanged what little info we had. Me from the news, him from his superiors.

Don't blame this on the war. Ft. Hood has a lot of soldiers who have seen combat overseas, the most of an US base, and this asshole wasn't one of them.

Well when they do flip the switch, I hope they flip it then turn it off and just keep doing that for 15 to 20 minutes. They sould give every family member a chance at the switch for lets say 30 seconds a piece.

There is more going on here then him being picked on. Im not sure exactly what but it isnt just him being picked on.

So Arabic translate to terrorism now? This guy was a Muslim. But I don't think he was an Islamic extremist. I think he was a soldier who lost it, who also happen to be Muslim.

So Arabic translate to terrorism now? This guy was a Muslim. But I don't think he was an Islamic extremist. I think he was a soldier who lost it, who also happen to be Muslim.
Shouting "God is great" before murdering people makes you a religious extremist. The fact that he used Arabic and referenced Allah, specifies his religion as Islam.

So yes, Muslim extremist (i.e. terrorist).

Im just not buying into this notion of PTSD by proxy. There is something more to this guy then him just loosing it.

If you don't want to be tormented by the people you work with, don't surround yourself with a collection of GEDs and high school graduates.

Fuck this guy. If I was the part of the group that took him down, he wouldn't have been wounded.

Back