1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shooting flames?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by drpenguin, Nov 12, 2004.

1. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

Okay always wondered.....The flames outa the tail pipe. Someone told me that if the timing was set wrong. like really wrong it would do that but wouldnt get past your cat. I was also told that you can put a sparkplug in your tail pipe to ignite the fumes. I dont think the spark plug thing is true. Putting a spark plug in your tail pipe to ignite your exaust gasses.......Hmm isnt your tail pipe just under your gas tank? What about those people who dont have a tail pipe? I have a fireball muffler. What then? anyone know on this?

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

the spark plug thing is true. hotrodders usually set their cars to run rich, and then they put an extra plug at the tips of their tails, they can flip a switch and shoot flames.

3. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

You can buy kits for it. So you TOO can be like the FAST AND THE FURIOUS!

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

can be done really easy but is 100% illegal and will get you car impounded and get you one big tivket.
    fuel injection is really difficult to do, due to the fact that the comp will sense the mixture and try to correct it. on a carb motor its as easy as adding a plug and coil

5. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

they add propane...

6. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Why would you want to do it in the first place? It may look cool, but it gets old.

7. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

no
    they dont i have seen it done and i have done it

8. FFCiv

FFCiv Senior Member

just get a DSM turbo car and vent to atmosphere then when you shift youll get plenty of flames

9. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Or an AllTrac...

I have a 3" turbo back exhaust that dumps just in front of the right rear wheel. I don't have any cats. I don't have any mufflers. I don't have any resinators. My BOV vents to atmosphere, and at full boost, the turbo is hot enough to light off the extra fuel that's dumped out the exhaust during a shift. It's not a huge flame- it's about the size of what you see the BTCC cars produce. And here in VT, my exhaust is completely legal, because from the outside, it appears that all my cats are still in place. :) There are no noise ordinances or muffling device requirements.

10. tjr5150

tjr5150 Junior Member

if you take a coil from a older car and run power to it then you run wire for the spark plugs at the end of tail pipes it will do the same thing also easier with fuel injection

11. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

Just get something turbo and get a misfiring system. Sure it would fuck your turbo and exhaust system up in 15,000 miles, but who cares. It looks cool right?

12. FFCiv

FFCiv Senior Member

jack up the back of your car and pour gas down your tailpipe, trust me ull get mad flames

13. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Try 200- 300 miles, numbnuts.

14. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

I was being sacrastic. Dont have to be an ass. BTW, it's actually less than that. Try 32-64 miles.

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

15. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I don't have to be an ass, but I am, so deal with it. Kinda funny, though, since they don't mention turbo longevity..

16. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Vent to atmosphere in high boost and have a canister type exhaust. You'll spout between shifts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted