Shooting raccoons with a paintball gun?

• Fuck ya!

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • You're an asshole!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know how you live in Chicago and can remain so sympathetic. I saw coons as big as medium sized dogs out there. Freaked me the fuck out the first time one ran out in front of my car at night. Those fucker got into anything and everything. They feared practically nothing.

Coons are tough mudders... They are the size of a medium sized dog.

Raccoons, like any animal, will only come around if they have a reason. Unlike humans, they don't just hang around a place because it looks cool or has pretty noises and lights. They are after FOOD and/or SHELTER.

Remove or remedy whatever you are providing them and your problem will go with it. Fix your door and keep your trash inside, etc. etc. etc.

1, 2, 3, profit.

Do not shoot them with frozen balls, might as well just shoot them with a light load 9mm if you're going to go that route. Paint balls fucking hurt, i've been hit in the face countless times, I can't imagine being hit in the face with a frozen one the size of a tennis ball.

if they start rushing you, you'd want those balls fucking frozen.. lol

only time i've ever came across a family they didnt want to leave.. we were camping and left the food on the table while we sat around the fire and drank.. heard something behind us and a family of racoons was tryin to jack the chicken on the table.. lol.. tried to run them off but they only went about 15 ft and turned around like they wanted some.. lol..

if they start rushing you, you'd want those balls fucking frozen.. lol

only time i've ever came across a family they didnt want to leave.. we were camping and left the food on the table while we sat around the fire and drank.. heard something behind us and a family of racoons was tryin to jack the chicken on the table.. lol.. tried to run them off but they only went about 15 ft and turned around like they wanted some.. lol..
Exactly. These are bad ass animals. They'll fucking throw down no matter who you are.

I wouldnt worry about peta considering that 16 year old in Cali throwing rocks at cars was shot with the cross bow and the cops were like whatever he deserved it lol.

Is your gun adjustable? I had a shocker a couple years ago all modded that would shoot around 300fps for tournaments, dialed back to like 270fps for rec ball.

Personally I wouldnt shoot them at 270, dial it down to like 250 or so that way you dont kill them and they get the message. They are smart though and they could end up coming for payback lol...think of the insurance commercial.
Allstate TV Ad: Raccoon Mayhem - YouTube

If you think your problem is bad, put yourself in Zanesville Ohio's shoes this morning. Private Zoos = Accident waiting to happen. But who'da thought the owner would go and let them all out then off himself. 40 some exotic animals on the loose including lions and tigers and bears.

Oh my! :eek:

The aftermath
299175_232121940176210_100001352183165_548256_817377332_n.jpg

Last I heard a Wolf and a Monkey were still on the lam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwERdL-zwY

Last edited:
This must have been hands down, the best day of work ever for these police officers. Getting paid to big game hunt!

Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't necessarily the best plan of action to kill every single one of those animals? Aren't there high powered tranquilizers and such? What a waste...

Edit: Holy shit there are like 6 or 7 dead Bengal tigers....fuuuuuuck.

Last edited:
^ I was kind of thinking that myself, but since Zanesville is the size of a postage stamp, and nothing ever happens, the cops got boners that they finally were able to shoot something.

If Jack Hanna thought it was the right thing to do, I'm not going to question it. It's sad but logistically (and from a safety standpoint), yes, I think it was the best course of action. 50+ highly dangerous and unpredictable animals being tranqualized and transported is a personnel nightmare to do properly. Have you seen how many people it takes to transport just one properly and safely for both the animal and humans involved? Also 50+ mobile cages or other type of transport needed? By the time they got all that together who knows how far they could have spread. You can't just keep shooting an animal with a tranq gun til you're ready to move them.

Oh and one of the bears attacked an officer early on in the night before they went "shoot to kill." But, there WERE trainers and personnel from the Columbus Zoo on hand trying to contain the animals with tranquilizers. But, even if they did capture them all there was nowhere to put them because the guy didn't just open cages, he cut open the enclosures to where they would no longer truly contain the animals.

Back