shop envy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

the worst thing about living in an apartment complex is not having a garage/shop area to work on my cars.

so much stuff that i could do to my car if only i had an area to do it, but since i dont i have to pay someone else assloads of money to do it.

it sucks and for some reason its been bumming me out the last few days :\

thinking about renting out a big storage shed with power. im just trying to decide if its worth the ~100 bucks a month to do it.

anyone have any experiences with using storage sheds as work areas? may not be intended for it, but if it has power and is big enough for my rex or sol to fit in i dont see why i shouldnt try it :p

Most public storage facilities have rules against this. They fall into the living/partying/working on your car/running a bussiness in your unit, rule. It's not allowed.

damn i dont remember my last one saying anything like that. wonder how long i could get away with it o_O

they let bands practically have shows at the ones by walmart. i dont really see how working on a car is that much more outrageous.

If you do it with the door closed, at odd hours, you could probably get away with it fro quite some time....

Originally posted by caffeind@Nov 17 2004, 07:54 PM
they let bands practically have shows at the ones by walmart. i dont really see how working on a car is that much more outrageous.
[post=418465]Quoted post[/post]​

Not trying to be a jerk, but maybe in Kentucky or something. I live in CA. NOTHING is legal here.... :(

I had the same problem but luckily i scored a job here at a body shop and my bosses are cool.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 17 2004, 07:55 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, but maybe in Kentucky or something. I live in CA. NOTHING is legal here.... :(
[post=418467]Quoted post[/post]​

he is talking about the walmart about 2 miles from my house (panama city beach)

they are right near the beach and there is a whole side of them that is rented out to some local punk/rock bands.

ive been out there with close to 50 people out there watching bands and they play almost every night all night.

you can be across the walmart parking lot which is across a 4 lane highway and you can hear the bands playing at night.

I used to keep my Si in storage, and i'd do work on it there. I talked with the owner, and asked him if it was cool... He said as long as i'm not doing oil changes/antifreeze changes, it was cool... so basically, anything that didnt involve emptying/refilling fluids he was fine with it.

Back