1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop in Upper Midwest

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Spitz, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Spitz

Spitz Junior Member

I want to swap in a jdm b18c into my 2000 civic ex in the next couple of months, my only problem is I don't have enough garage room to do it myself, and i really don't have any friends that are into cars. So really my only alternative is having a shop do it. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a shop that does these as part of their business in preferably wisconsin but illinois is cool to. I looked in the reference section of this site but it said error and wouldn't come up. Thanks for the help in advance :D
  2. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

Twin Cities, MN
    I'm from the Minneapolis, MN area and there are a few shops around here but they all charge a minimum of a grand to do an engine swap which I think is pretty ridiculous.
    I ended up going to my local mechanic where I go for oil changes and brakes and stuff and he charged me $400 for the labor but I went in and swapped the harnesses because it was a JDM engine

I would just do a web search or a phonebook search or something and just start calling pretty much any shop in your area and ask them
Draft saved Draft deleted