shop injuries

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stuck in the neck! Those cut-off wheel disc's like to explode in your face. I had one blow up on me and stick me in the neck. It was just a cut, but if that would of hit me in the eye I’d been pissed!

:lmao:

I'd be pissed no matter where it hit me.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 10 2004, 12:18 PM
the hell is flashburn?
[post=400799]Quoted post[/post]​

thats when you try welding without a mask...so basically you're staring at a flame with a higher light intensity than the sun, you go to sleep thinking everything is fine, than bam, you wake up, but eyes dont open because of the light that your eyes had to endure...they also call welding without a mask brail welding...cuzz if you do it enough, you're going to have to be reading in brail.

Also, don't wear clothes you care anything about when you weld. THe hot metal make LOTS AND LOTS of tiny holes pop up the next time you wash whatever you were wearing. ;)

:fosho:

I avoid as many of those as possible. I know people that have been flashburned and it is just how he describes it.

Hot metal sucks, period. Even with decent protection, you will get burned time to time.

Welders burn sucks ass, your eyes are super sensitive and your eyes tear and close on their own, I had to pull over at some gas station and buy some Igogs just to drive to class. Invest in some welders sleeves to, I have tons of scars from hot slag.

Corneal Flash Burns Overview

Eyes, particularly the cornea (the clear window of tissue on the front of the eyeball), can be damaged easily by exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun and from other sources of ultraviolet light, such as a welder's arc, a photographer's flood lamps, a sun lamp, or even a halogen desk lamp.

The cornea takes the brunt of the damage if proper eye protection is not worn, such as dark glasses or goggles while skiing in bright sun. A corneal flash burn (also called ultraviolet keratitis) can be considered to be a sunburn of the eye surface.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 11 2004, 09:34 AM
Corneal Flash Burns Overview

Eyes, particularly the cornea (the clear window of tissue on the front of the eyeball), can be damaged easily by exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun and from other sources of ultraviolet light, such as a welder's arc, a photographer's flood lamps, a sun lamp, or even a halogen desk lamp.

The cornea takes the brunt of the damage if proper eye protection is not worn, such as dark glasses or goggles while skiing in bright sun. A corneal flash burn (also called ultraviolet keratitis) can be considered to be a sunburn of the eye surface.
[post=401120]Quoted post[/post]​

FUCK THAT :blink:

that shit sux ass.... I had a disc come off of a grinder before... it shot across a 200 ft shop and stuck in the fucking wall..... I put the grinder down and went to lunch....

welding... FUCK!! welding and you keep welding with a super hot stick.... running a 7014 at like 132 amps or with a mig and after about 3 welds the back of your gloves gets so hot you feel it start to burn... but I am a persistent ass... so I keep going... fucking blisters suck.

Plasma torch... I dont even want to start this but basically... I was holding a small piece of angle iron and my dad hit my back while I was cutting it.... grrrr my arm hurt for a month at least...

Cutting torch.... I dont care how many times I burn myself... THOSE THINGS ARE FUN!!!

Back