Shopping spree...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a used Makita 14 or so volt drill that I use at work, but I also have a really nice Craftsman cordless driver with a clutch and reverse that I use in cramped areas where an air ratchet doesn't fit. About 1/2 the price of snap on, and to be honest it works way better. The Snap on driver doesn't have an adjustable clutch, so you just strip shit out like mad.

I almost had purshed these

Milwaukee 18V Cordless M18 Lithium-Ion 4-Tool Combo Kit w/ Bag $569.99

2690-24.jpg

I almost had purshed these

Milwaukee 18V Cordless M18 Lithium-Ion 4-Tool Combo Kit w/ Bag $569.99

2690-24.jpg

Stick to the corded milwaukee stuff. They have been out of the cordless game and have some strides to go

Costco usually has better deals on makita tools. A guy I work with got about the same package as above plus an impact, for 600 made by makita. It was a sick deal and included the awesome 3.0 ohm impact that does serious work.

Ohhhh, new tools are always fun. Your garage looks like an awesome place to work with it so organized. I wish to have a nice setup one day. I just bought a Ryobi 18v drill/light, a craftsman 1/2" hammer drill and a 12g craftsman shop vac. I'm completely remodeling an apartment, I'll have to start a thread soon =D.

My father is a G.C./business owner and I've helped him work on(bitch work) practically everything that has to do with building a house over the short course of my life. I honestly believe I have used just about every tool from all the mainstream brands, corded and not. I am no master of the trade, but my father and brothers are very big men while I have always been very small and agile. I would get pulled out of school countless days and work in practically all my spare time since elementary school fitting in shitty places where no one else could go. Not to make him sound like an ass, he's a good dad and taught me a lot. Anyhow, I've used lots of tools in lots of undesirable situations. That being said...

Ryobi are the most durable cordless tools I've ever used. My pops has nothing but ryobi cordless drills and I believe them to be the best out of anything they make. I did have one ryobi circular saw die on me, but the sharp as a rock blade is probably to blame.

Milwaukee are the best corded power tools ever. The day my milwaukee sawzall and chipping hammer dies, I'm fucking mounting them on my wall. Taken more abuse than a murdered hooker.

Dewalt anything I hate with a fucking passion. Ironically, I hate their drills the most lol. I will admit though that the grinder has taken a ton of abuse. Hell, I went to wash a bucket out that it was sitting inside and it lived.

Craftsman I don't ever count on, but I have a good friend that gets great discounts and gives me the replacement plan for free. I can throw it down a flight of stairs and get a brand new one, so what the heck lol.

Of course all just opinions. I've used plenty of tools that I say are the biggest pieces of shit, but got the job done just fine.

Back