Short shifter (didn't know where this should go)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

Does anyone know where i can get a steel short shift?
I have broke 3 aluminum short shifters and im so sick of it.
Its getting expensive and I can only find aluminum ones
Does anyone know where I can get a steel short shift with a warranty or somthing or a steel one that wont break! It keeps buming me out

yeah just get a b&m short shifter from like autozone or whatever, they're only like 50 bucks.

skunk2 ones are pretty badass

thanks where can i get a skunk 2 short shift?

Oh yeah and the 3 aluminum short shifters i broke
2 tenzo r
1 apc
And i got the apc one aluminum welded back together and i broke it yesterday?
I don't fucken get it , I ran it for a while 8 months
The thing broke before i even got the car into 2nd

on a side note, what is the difference of a dual bend, a single bend or no bend? does it just affect how tall the shifter is? sorry to hijack the thread.

i recently broke an egay shifter, so i bought a B&M the "sport" one for 50 bucks on egay....heavy duty mang

I have a autozone cheapo shifter for 3 years now and never had a problem

ive had the el cheapo shifter in 3 cars and never broke it. I bought a new one recently but the old one was still in good standing.

i have broken shifters before, thats cuz i race hard, but i bought the B&M pro edge shifter, belive me, that thing will never break, if you break that, your frekin superman yo! anyways they have a decent warentee too, check it out.

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@May 4 2005, 09:43 AM
on a side note, what is the difference of a dual bend, a single bend or no bend? does it just affect how tall the shifter is? sorry to hijack the thread.
[post=494914]Quoted post[/post]​

im wondering same thing. is there a difference in throw or is it just knob placement?

its just the knob placement/angle its at. GSRs(i think, a couple ive seen have it) have a dual bend shifter in them stock.

yeah, its the placement of the nob, plus depending if you have long ol money arms you can get a no bend, but if your short armed, go with a dual bend, it does'nt really help with shift throw. good luck on that.

most civics have a single bend

the B&M does not have any bends.

and just a side note to all you fucking apes busting shifters every other oil change,
relax!!! no need to slam the shifter into gear like you are trying to prison fuck it
perhaps try jerking off more... might release some of that built up tension... then again if you over do it, it might build up the strength of your shifting arm

hmmm......

titanium shifters???

Maybe it's time to go a little easier on it. Like E said, it really doesn't need to be SLAMMED into gear. I can shift fast without beating the hell out of the shifter, probably the reason I haven't broken a shifter.

a guy i knew had a 99 civic si, and he had a short shifter, don't recall the brand. but wow, the knob was literally below the plastic bezel line it was sitting so low, and i've never seen a shorter shift...ever. seriously the throw was like .25"

Back