SHORT SHIFTER HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

im not sure if this is the right forums but o well, if not...please move it to the right one.

first off...here is some backround information.
i have a 95 ex coupe and i plan on getting an h22 this fall. but i want to get a shory shifter now because i hate how long the throws are right now.

anyway...

Here are my choices: B&M Short Throw Shifter - 46% Throw Reduction - accepts Stock Knob - Counter Weighted $42.79
and Short Throw Shifter - 49% Throw Reduction - Accepts Stock Knob - Stick Has Factory Bend $42.79

will the B&M shifter fit and work properly when i get my H22?? when i goto shift, will it be awkward to shift or not??

last thing, which shifter out of those two would YOU choose if you were in my situation and why.

thanks in advance
-Mike

Any shifter you choose will fit fine no matter the engine. The shifter bushing on the shift linkage has to sit in the exact same space anyways....right under your shift boot.

From your choices.....B&M. Great reviews.

From my choices........Edlebrock shifter+knob.....made for eachother.....all polished stainless....nice and short, nice bend, no rice, light, inexpensive, and my personal favourite.

Edlebrock short shifters rule ass.

Originally posted by adnoh@Apr 2 2005, 08:08 AM
Any shifter you choose will fit fine no matter the engine. The shifter bushing on the shift linkage has to sit in the exact same space anyways....right under your shift boot.

From your choices.....B&M. Great reviews.

From my choices........Edlebrock shifter+knob.....made for eachother.....all polished stainless....nice and short, nice bend, no rice, light, inexpensive, and my personal favourite.

Edlebrock short shifters rule ass.
[post=481598]Quoted post[/post]​

No, no, no, the H22A uses cables to shift the tranny, D's, B's use rods. If you are buying one in hopes of it being compatible with your H, than you are S.O.L., they are different types and you'll have to get another one when you swap.

S.O.L.?? sorry if that is a noob question but i dont know what that stands for...or is that a company??

Shit Out of Luck, as in what you will be if you get a B or D series shifter and hope to use it on a H motor.

OHH i see.

so what shifter would i work if i got the H22A?? since i cant use a d or b seriers shifter then maybe a short shifter for a prelude?? or custom?

thanks again,
-Mike

Yes, but you can't use a H22A shifter on your current setup, so you can get it, and wait to install it.

what would you recommend then?? when i get my h22 what shifter should i use??(for the prelude??)

If you can weld, then you can make your own out of a prelude shifter. If not, some kind of H22 short shifter and wait to install it til you do the swap.

Back