Short Shifter. Plz Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

Hi! i don't know where to post this topic, so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I have a 2000 acura gsr, and i want to get a short shifter. What i am looking for is good quality and most importantly, that the shifter is low, much lower than stock. I am thinking of getting the Skunk2 dual bend, but first i want your opinions and recommendation. Thanks a lot for helping!

I have the skunk2 dual bend and I love it, although you might not be that into it as it is only slightly lower than the stock shifter, if not in the same place. I would say get the skunk2 and if you really want it lower in position cut about and inch off it and re thread it. But to be honest the stock position is great for real driving situations,.

i have the skunk2 shifter in my del sol ... it retained the stock throw and raised the shift knob up 2-3 inches from stock :) (closer to the wheel)
i am very happy with it

if i decide to change it ever i will be going with the shifter that fastlineperformance makes (0% bling factor 100% functional)

I have a 2001 integra GS I went with a Streamline Racing Short shifter I found on ebay for $13. Works great no problems and it feels really short. Check ebay or search google for streamline racing.

I narrow my choice to either the skunk2 or the Neuspeed. Which one would make the shift knob shorter?

It is the bend of the shifter that matters not how short it is and if you want to pay triple for the same thing go with the skunk2

when i say shorter shift knob, i meant making it lower to the booth.

I have a 01 GSR and I'm running a skunk2 shifter great quality compared to the ebay junkers the threads strip and break off all the time. Its happened to me about five times. The key though is not in the shifter its in the shift knob. I usually run a greddy trust/grex shift knob. The difference between the greddy and the dc,skunk,typeR shift knobs is as follows. The others are only threaded about 1/2 to 3/4 into the knob and you have to lock them in place with a jam nut. Also the shift pattern is embossed onto the shift knob which requires you to lock the knob in before it even bottoms out on the shifter. This is also the reason why people tend to snap shifters the knob actually acts as a lever or pry bar multipling the force you put on the shifter. You have to realize the the threads of the shifter are it weakest point.

What makes the greddy trust/grex knob good is that the threads run all the way through the knob and it will sit a good 2 inches lower then the others. Also by making contact with all the threads on the shfter it helps to support the shifter. The shift pattern on these shifters happens to be a very high quality decal, which can be taken off and reapplied numerous times. I've also found that if the adhesive gets dirty or old just wipe it a few time with rubbing alcohol and it reactivates the adhesive.

Wow that kinda alot just to write about shifters and knobs.

My 2 cents peace

I have a dc in mine and its great. Real short shifts and its shorter also. If you dont want a dc then get a skunk2

Back