short shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

Are short shifters worth it? Which is a good one to get? Ebay has several for around $20.

But, is one really worth it? What's the difference from a stock shifter? On the ad it says "reduces throw by 40%" So, you can just shift faster, is that right?

Supposedly you will be able to get to gears quicker because of the shorter throw.
Don't get one of those ebay ones they suck. Get either the B&M or the Skunk2 and while you are at it get the Energy Suspension shifter bushing kit it rules makes it feel like a new tranny. I got the Streamline Racing short shifter and mine is good but I got one for a buddy and his rattled and shook like hell.

i have an ebay apc. from nutral to any gear its def shorter but i dont feel much from gear to gear. and when you change it put the ruber thing that goes around the whole abck in or you will have extream cold/hot air coming up.

HEY, if you want the best in performance and handlling, go for a B&M pro edge shifter, i resaerch every shifter for about three months, and b&m has something over all short shifters, one, its cad made, which you can't beat, two, it comes with teflon bushing for your specific application, three, it comes in the whole shifter housing which no other shifter has, four, it is the tightes and smoothest shifter you'll ver have in any car, five, you'll never break it, because the way they have engineered it, six i garentee it,
everyone who gets in my car and trys it out, ends up buying it because it is so great, it will reduce the shifting up to 50%, and ebay crap is just crap, their shifters will not reduce shifting, here, check it out for your self http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=2&cat=3

good luck to your shifter needs

the b&ms wont break because theyre frikkin steel. they make good weapons when not in use. :p :) its pretty much the same shifter i bought but with better bushings and whatnot (you have to use the stock collar(other ones include bearings instead))

just because it's made of steel doesn't mean it can't or won't break.

If you apply a large enough moment to it I'm sure you can induce enough stress that it will shear.

beliver me, B&M will not break in any condition, everything else will, it is not a normal diameter than most short shifters, it has a thicker neck and its not cast, it was cnc machined, which means a stronger stick, look it up, if you don't belive me.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Dec 23 2004, 04:49 PM
beliver me, B&M will not break in any condition, everything else will, it is not a normal diameter than most short shifters, it has a thicker neck and its not cast, it was cnc machined, which means a stronger stick, look it up, if you don't belive me.
[post=436494]Quoted post[/post]​

You can say everything. So don't. EM shifters are also CNC machine, Mr. Smarty

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 23 2004, 03:17 PM
just because it's made of steel doesn't mean it can't or won't break.

If you apply a large enough moment to it I'm sure you can induce enough stress that it will shear.
[post=436464]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont think any human can induce enough stress on a steel shifter and break it unless theyre some martial arts person intentionally trying to break it.

Yes you can break steel, it is possible, but your tranny will die long before that happens in a car from shifting.

Back