Short Shifters (b&m vs. skunk 2)

Which short shifter is better?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biglee414

Just wanted to see from a few of you who have one or know someone who does, which one is better, or any problems w/ either.

I am almost positive that b had the B&M shifter and he complained that the thing rattled like hell. He changed to the Skunk2 shifter and loves it.

Never had a problem with the B&M but never heard any thing bad from Skunk2 either , good choice which ever way you go

had the skunk2 in my old coupe, i loved it. in the del sol i'm pretty happy with the stock shifter for now.

seen some B&M units and craftsmanship and setup look very nice, quality item for sure. But to be honest I never got any short shifters since they really inturn don't vastly improve anything, I just never needed to short my throw by x amount of degrees.

personally I would pass and buy some other part that gains hp, but from your two I would go B&M.

Lovin' my B&M even though it's heavy as hell. Although I guess it'll probably never break like I keep hearing of those aluminum ones.

liquin

the B&M sucks ass. hate it. wobbly as a mother fucker. threw it out, bought a skunk2, love it.

Skunk2 all the way......Short as hell and they come w/ bushings kits.

B&M suck balls cuz they are Straight with no bends..........2nd gear feels like first and To shift the third and fifth you have to lean forward.

I've used a DC Sports and B&M and the DC was better than the B&M. Smoother and more precise. I've heard the stock Type-R is pretty good according to Gary Gardella.

DC's suck balls too. they break in half all the freakin time.

garbage.

just get a skunk2 and end this thread already =)

I almost bought a B&M, and then after talking to B, Eric, and A few other I bought a Skunk2. and I'm happy as a fly on shit with it.

Back