short shifters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reaper268

are short shifters any good on stock cars

2 question does msd ignition make any sense on stock cars or will it work if i changed my civic gas pump to a b18 gsr fuel pump

and if i upgraded my throttle body on my stock b16 engine will this do any justice

after these are answered i'll like to know simple mods to make car faster a list would be liked for natural aspirated speed trying to be low 13' or even high 12 sec 1/4 mile time

short shifters?
the cheap ones will break on hard shifts... causing accidents/missed gears/over revved motors etc...
not worth it unless you're trying to save.01 seconds on your shift...

msd = no point
stock honda ignition will handle 400 hp

throttle body?
could help a bit but you won't really see improvments unless you got the ECU tuned to take advantage of the increased air flow
larger throttle body would be more beneficial with an aftermarket intake and port and polish on the head...

fuel pump = you don't need to upgrade until you go boost etc...
you could get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator but its really not going to help you at all...

simple mods?
well, tuning can be used to find more HP out of your motor but its pricey
i would advise you to look into a homemade DIY turbo setup
HOMEMADETURBO.COM

other alternatives for N/A motors = higher compression pistons, cams, port and polish the head, and lots and lots of tuning, as well as upgraded valve train to wind the motor out a little more...

hey quick question

my car originally revs to 8600rpm naturally which is naturally better than normal ones that go to 8000rpm so will type R cams and cam gears from a civic type r work for me

isn't 8600 kinda high on stock B16 valve springs?

i would imagine you'd get better results from something aftermarket vs type r for the money

Back