1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

short throw shifter

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by etccatz, Aug 12, 2003.

1. etccatz

etccatz Junior Member

ok i have been looking into getting a short throw shifter because my swap will be done real soon!! but the problem is what shifter should i get i mean can i just get any honda short throw shifter??? or is there a specific short throw that i have to get for my car??? because with the different shift linkage the shifter would be different i would think???? so i wonder what short throw that i would need???

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

Get the one for your shift linkage. If it is a GSR shift linkage, get an integra shifter

3. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

what kind of car and swap do you have?cuz i got a crx with b16 and place racing shift linkage and i have to use stock shifter to make it work(i tried skunk2 but wouldnt shift into any gears so i put the stock shifter back and now it works)

4. etccatz

etccatz Junior Member

ok is there anyway i can tell what kind of shift linkage it is by looking at it??? because i dont know what it is it came with my engine and its suppose to work with the swap???

~bill~

5. Havok

Havok Senior Member

well, what engine do you have, lol

6. etccatz

etccatz Junior Member

b16a1 but i dont know what it came out of i think it was an acura or a del sol???

~bill~

7. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

More than likely it is also a B16 tranny. This is the short shifter you need. 90-93 JDM B16/92-95 DOHC VTEC del slo/99-00 SI. They are all the same.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted