Shorted Battery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

Hey i was just installing my sound system...and unfortunately some wires got crossed *SPARK* i paid no attention to it and my system worked fine...however when i was done and i tried to start the car it wouldnt turn over...however the system worked lol...neway i checked the fuses and theyre fine...i changed the battery and now the car starts just fine (note i unhooked the system at this point)...are there any other concerns i should have?

Note my car is turboed and i have a vtec controller and a turbo timer and all that wonderful electronic gadgetry
Note the wires were run b4 i got the car im pretty sure the power cable runs directly to the battery

PS also should i change my alternator to accomodate the neons and hte system?

Im sorta new to the whole electronic area im used to v8 fords

I kno these r sorta stupid questions but could someone help me out

Thanx

I've got anothre problem for y'all i fixed the battery issue on my own it sorta took care of itself.

I have teg gsr rear disc brakes...my right rear brake is screeching constantly under 45mph...how the hell do i get the damn thing to stop...i tryed spraying it w/ water...no luck

its also getting extremely hot...like the rim and the brake...i hit it w/ water and steam comes off the otehr brakes dont do this...

HELP

you NEED to replace your caliper, and now since you've let it go on so long (not your fault), you'll more than likely need to replace pads and rotor's for the same wheel as the caliper because they have been exposed to EXTREME heat and are probably warped and or glazed. its a fairly easy job. good luck.!

If you sprayed it with water, you probably only made it worse... that'll definitely warp the hell out of your rotor. Replace both the rotor and the caliper, and replace the pads on both sides of the rear end.

thanks a lot guys i appreciate your advice but one other thing and this is getting real nit picky my left turn signal housing is getting moisture behind it like a lot of condensation...sometimes the turn signal wont even work but then it just comes back (ive attributed this to just a loose wire somewhere) but does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this

Also,

one more thing...im a noob please remember this...im changing my oil and i have a b16/b20 should i get an oil filter for a b20? that would make the most sense...btw im using Royal Purple 10w40 is that good enuf on a turboed car running 8psi?

Thanx for helping a noob guys...i love my car...i just want the best for her so any advice or tips u could pass on would be greatly appreciated

btw...i just wanna show off my baby a little shes my pride and joy lemme kno wat u think

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...?page_id=342039

Back