Should Fedor get a rematch?

Should Fedor get a rematch?

• Yes- it's Fedor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- I don't care, the situation doesn't warrant it...

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
411mania.com: MMA - Fedor Says Loss Was "God's Will"

He says he wants one and my first instinct was that it was a good idea. After thinking about it I am not so sure...

Why does Fedor deserve a rematch?

This was supposed to be to determine the next challenger for the Strikeforce belt, but now Fedor loses and they automatically switch the game plan? Rematches are typically handed out for several reasons:

1: As the result of a title changing hands
2: As the result of a controversial judges decision
3: As the result of a controversial stoppage (think Tito/Shamrock 2)
4: As the result of a no contest

Now I know Fedor is Fedor or whatever and that is all fine and well. But does he deserve something that not even a fallen champion is guaranteed? The fact is Fedor holds no belt, he lost fair and square, and had this decision went the other way nobody would be talking rematch.

Strikeforce knows that without the spector of Fedor they are just a minor league to the UFC. Don't forget Werdum was cut by the UFC before joining Stirkeforce. Their only hope is that Fedor doesn't lose twice and they can somehow regain the mystique undefeated Fedor had. In short, this rematch, while sensible given the actors, cheapens Strikefore as a professional promotion...

I say no, maybe possible in the future. I'm sure every fighter who has lost wants a rematch.

Also, it's not confirmed there's a rematch he just said he'd like one if Werdum agrees.

fedor is literally getting jerked off by his "handlers".

his first strikeforce fight should have been for the belt. he would have had better fights, better money, and better respect from mma if he did.

fedor COULD have been the best ever. really EVER, and thats a long fucking time. he's a dumbass. a puppet. like mike tyson being jerked by don king.

Back