should i boost my b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89y49rexsi

ok im seriously considering boosting my b16a. if i do i will use a ebay dsm flange manifold and a dsm 14b turbo and dsm 440 injectors. i will need to get some intercooler piping and a srt-4 intercooler. and i will get it all tuned on my obdo pr3 ecu. and just get a dp made and get a cheap bov from somebody locally. here is my question and that is how much boost can a b16 accept without goin boom i was thinking 10psi dd and 15 when racing what are your thoughts. oh this will all be going in my 89 sedan

14b is really small for a b16. its better suited on a d16. i would go with something at least a little larger. it will be out of its efficiency range at high rpm, throwing heat, not boost.

what psi, doesn't matter. its the tune that matters. psi doesn't break stuff, power does... whether it took 1 psi or 123213 psi to get there. But if you want to go over 10.2 psi, you need a gm3-bar map sensor and appropriate electronics to support it.
look into turboedit for tuning.

i was going to use chrome for tuning because thats what the tuner uses out in ky where im going to get it tuned lol

crome doesn't work on obd0 ecu's, only obd1. it's not an option unless you convert to obd1

it is a pr3 i will take a pic of the code later and put it upi think im going to keep my ecu and get an fmu and a few other things and get a walboro fuel pump and call it good im also going to go with a 16g turbo

the Pr3 came in both OBD1 and OBD0 i believe, i have an OBD0 Pr3 ECU im tryin to get ride of and im pretty sure i read up somewhere that it came in both.

Maybe you have the OBD1 o.0

Does it have a little red light in the center (near center) of the ECU? if so.. its OBD0... if not.. its OBD1.

well thanks for the help but it is obd0 i am not retarded lolim going to just boost my d15 and if it blows so be it i will have my b16 as a back up

if you need a bov and waste gate let me know i will sell you both for 50$ shipped.

the bov is ebay...but it works great. and the wastegate is xs power. it works well also. i just upgraded and have them laying around. they are good to about 350whp or so.

Back