should i boost with high miles??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

what up guys i got a ? i got a 91 ls motor in my 91 crx si...then engine has about 230,000 miles on it..(i kno alot of miles..lol) now my ? is i want to boost it wit a t3 turbo running 9-10 psi and i wanna keep everythin stock from top to botom would it blow the motor or should i change my pistons, rods,ect....i have all the componets for the turbo n shit n i drive car everyday sumtimes beat on it n still pulls never gave me a problem the person who had the motor before took good car of it and maintain it....i just changed the timimg belt and water pump...money is kinda tight soo... thanx guys let me kno...

You need to check and make sure you don't have excessive blowby past your piston rings first.

as long as the compression reading is good (bout 180 or if not that high not farther then about 3 psi between each cylinder) then boost it. I know someone that boosted there motor at 200,000.

I have 100K on my turbo matrix, 190K on the turbo Accord. My buddies Turbo colt got damn near 300K on the 1.6T motor.

I boosted one of my LS's at 140k. But that motor had really good compression, it was less then 2 psi difference in each cylinder.

The LS I rebuilt and put my PnP'd head and IM on had 185 across, never got to see it run though, my sister seemed like she needed it more then me since she took it.

Back