should i bother?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
this guy i know has a
b16a1 in a 92civic hb w/ spoon stage II cams , lude injectors, vafc, eddlebrok mani, dc 4-1, msd, type r pulley, good tune/10k rpm/ 16 in rotas

i have a
90 crx/lsvtec new stock bottom end, b16head, type r pulley, lightened flywheel, rechiped ecu, 8k rpm, msd, i/h/e good tune, 18 in kmc light weight rims 18lb's

he wants to race for $100.

good race???

any thoughts?

It'd be safer to just play him a game of poker. You could lose more than $100 if you race on the streets. Even if it will be in a relatively open area with no one around.

ditch the 18s for some light weight 15s or smaller (id go 13s) with some drag radials, then practice your launching and youll have a chance

those 18s will kill you

jesus ididn't know that people still putanything bigger than a 16 on a crx unless it was a showcar

yeah i know...i am trying to get some spoon 15" or the replicas... these

rims were on my teg... do the rims realy make a dif. because i have

steelies 14".....as fas as the motors which is better? he's a cool guy but

he does know his car inside out and i just got mine 3 months ago... i am

also looking to purchase hx rims

id wait. purchase some new lighter rims, get some decent tires (hint hint, azenis are not good drag tires), practice for a month or so.... then race him.

i am used to double spacing for school.... yeah i think he would win only because of the rims... i am going to borrow my friends blades...

if you need to come here and ask then you should def not race for money

you will probably loose
doesn;t sound like you car is set for drag too well

slicks should improve your time a great deal, as well as ripping your seats out...
less than 1/4 tank of gas will help some as well

ditch the 18's for spares in the rear and slicks up front

you should have him off the line but if he winds till 10K then thats a huge powerband for you to compete with...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 12 2004, 12:20 PM
if you need to come here and ask then you should def not race for money

you will probably loose
doesn;t sound like you car is set for drag too well

slicks should improve your time a great deal, as well as ripping your seats out...
less than 1/4 tank of gas will help some as well

ditch the 18's for spares in the rear and slicks up front

you should have him off the line but if he winds till 10K then thats a huge powerband for you to compete with...
[post=415859]Quoted post[/post]​

well i have sparco seats and its a crx so what other seats do i pull out... i agree
completely on the rims..that was my main concern....also that 10k rpm.... i have raced a couple of cars and beat them ..mr2(n/a), a cuple of hb one w/ a b16 and another with a b18a/b but i think his hb will give me a run for my $$$.. the reason i ask is because i like to look at the opinions of other enthusiast....thats what the forums are for....right? i do apreciate the comments though :D

yeah i just spoke to him we r racing tonight at bithlo raceway i am going to use my friends blades lets see what happens...ohhhh he has an ls tranny and i have a b16 cable tranny ....will that make a diff... i have read threads about this

it will make a slight difference... but if hes winding out to 10k, he WONT fall out of vtec on the shift even with the ls tranny. he will just be slower right off the line in 1st gear- then, wave.

i garantee u win....that edelbrock mani is going to fuck him over...

that mani + N/A car < a cx mani

this speed shop my friend worked for dyno testd that mani and it lost power...tested before and after power on 2 differnt N/A cars, same results

Back