1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy a cage?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Citizen_Insane, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Ok, so a guy I autoX with is selling an Autopower Bolt-in 6 pt. roll cage for $150. Its for a 1st gen CRX, but he says it can be easily modified to fit a 2nd gen. Now I probably wouldn't install the cage for a while until I have another car as a daily driver...I don't want to wear a harness and helmet to work, but $150 is fucking CHEAP. I plan on turning the CRX into a deticated AutoX car within the next couple of years. You guys think its worth it?

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

:: Art Morrison Enterprises - Roll Bars & Cages - Race Roll Bars and Cages ::

Just to help you decide.
    I personally think it's a really wise investment(on track or not), b/c, we're driving in basically soda-cans.

It's the next thing I'm buying after my swap, and I probably won't be racing but once a month or so...
    it's your life. i say everyone should consider getting one...(damn i sound like my mom.. sorry!)
    -andrew

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

I would buy it if you have the money. stuff like this comes along pretty often, so don't buy it if you are in a jam.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

modding a cage might be a huge pain in the ass.... and i'm sure it won't be a good fit.

5. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

if you can weld or have a friend like i do then go for it. we modded a crx cage for an eg and then added a bar from the rear strut towers just in the middle. if you can weld then anything like this is possible but without that available modding a cage would suck.

6. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

7. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I'm in Minneapolis, MN. Kinda far from NY. Also, are the cages you linked to pre welded or are they just the bent up bars that need to be assembled?

8. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i'll pay shipping on that first gen cage if you can get it for me
    lol

a pre-welded cage would be a little hard to fit into your car with the roof still on :)

i believe the cage i linked to was NOT a bolt in cage unfortunately
    but welding a new cage would prob be about as complicated as "modding" an existing cage :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted