Should I buy a cage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Ok, so a guy I autoX with is selling an Autopower Bolt-in 6 pt. roll cage for $150. Its for a 1st gen CRX, but he says it can be easily modified to fit a 2nd gen. Now I probably wouldn't install the cage for a while until I have another car as a daily driver...I don't want to wear a harness and helmet to work, but $150 is fucking CHEAP. I plan on turning the CRX into a deticated AutoX car within the next couple of years. You guys think its worth it?

I would buy it if you have the money. stuff like this comes along pretty often, so don't buy it if you are in a jam.

modding a cage might be a huge pain in the ass.... and i'm sure it won't be a good fit.

if you can weld or have a friend like i do then go for it. we modded a crx cage for an eg and then added a bar from the rear strut towers just in the middle. if you can weld then anything like this is possible but without that available modding a cage would suck.

I'm in Minneapolis, MN. Kinda far from NY. Also, are the cages you linked to pre welded or are they just the bent up bars that need to be assembled?

i'll pay shipping on that first gen cage if you can get it for me
lol

a pre-welded cage would be a little hard to fit into your car with the roof still on :)

i believe the cage i linked to was NOT a bolt in cage unfortunately
but welding a new cage would prob be about as complicated as "modding" an existing cage :)

Back