Should I buy an 86' Corolla?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gee I wonder who started the whole argument... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think I'm with Milan! So I went ahead and told the guy I want it, only bad thing is, he hasn't sent the title in after he got it, but filled out all the info, so I got to wait for him to send it in, then for them to send it back...then I can send it in...what crap, the DMV around here BLOWS ASS! you would think that you should be able to say, this is me, I filled it all out and didn't send it in, because this guy here (me) wants to buy it....So frugen what if its title jumping you stupid old fat biotch. AHHH...oh well I will talk to him later in the week and see if I can still bring her home just to start working on that rusty ass body....I will get pictures too asap.

DO NOT USE IT AS A WINTER CAR!!!

Keep that shyt protected. It is the perfect Drift Car! $800 is a STEAL! BUY IT!!!
I live in SoCal and you can't find any of them for less than $2000. Watch VIDEO Option2 videos and you'll know what i'm talking about. If you use it as a winter car, I will hunt you down and give you a flaming pile of shyt.

good choice and make sure you get the guys information before exchanging money and make sure to get the title also. I don't want to see a post here where you get screwed or something like that man..

good luck with the levin and I envy you...punk..

Milan...question for you, isn't a 86 GT-s The same as a trueno? I thought that the GTS had LSD? Do you kno where I can read some more info on the car? or maybe you can hook me up with some.

PS for the last time, NO WINTER CAR, I have a blazer for that Why would I use a RWD car with no weight in the back when I could just use an SUV with 2wd or 4wd?

don't quote me on this, you might want to PM AirJockie since he actually has the ride and the GTS isn't my speciality but I know some..If I am not mistaken the Trueno Levin is a trim model that got different bumpers and such.

but honestly the AE86 is a great platform of a car, the motor is cheap and you can get the Jspec type like AJ did and they are just plain fun with little power. Good luck.

or u can get the 4agze which is the superchargerd MR2 engine, and it drops right in. and thats good for something like 200 hp if im not mistaken, which should be nuts in a light ass car.

on a side note, what does the ae86 weigh?

Don't qoute me, but I think the weight on the GT-S is around 2200lbs...

as the stock GT-S...you should have around 114 HP, and the rear disk brakes, and a LSD in some models.

My SR-5 to GT-S conversion is everthing from a GT-S converted coup to my little SR-5. I picked up a red-top 4age from Japan, it has the 7 ribs on the block and should hold up to 240-260 HP stock....but I am going to have to use a blue top head due to the fact that I haven't got the intake mani for weber side drafts....but they are on the way. along with some 45 Doec webers....and then I might run a stand alone ignition system, and I still have to get a full suspention set up....which is also on the way...hopefully if I can get the cams and tune it just right I hope to see 180-220 HP...

I already got the rear LSD/Disc brake axel swapped over, and then its time to do the engine. Then paint it up to match the same car that Takumi drives in Initial D....and it will be tuned to the max, and set up to full JDM accessories....includind the Wattanabe rims, and tail light...I even got the proper stickers and badges ready to go on after paint....it will be a sweet car for anime fans and also for me to drift around at the local dift comps.

The USDM Corolla GT-S is the same as the JDM Trueno (Japanese for thunder). The only difference between a Trueno and Levin (Japanese for lighting) is the headlights. The Trueno has pop up headlights, where as the Levin has the one piece ones. The USDM AE86 has 114hp and weighs around 2200lbs, curb. However the JDM ones have about 130hp. The 4AGZE makes 150hp, not 200hp. And like most cars, not ALL have LSDs, check to make sure. The SR5 or AE85, is an economy model. I believe its a carbuerated *spelling* and makes a messly 70hp, rear drums, and just plain Civic DX. One last thing, its said that the Levin is more aerodynamic (effective at like 100mph) and the AE86 coupe is a better racer/drifter because its more balanced, but the hatch is way more popular, due partially to Initial D.

yup ...my SR-5 had the drums, and non-LSD...but I fixed that....but it still has the 4AC, the puny 70HP carbed whimp. But that will change soon. But even with the 4AC...if had better acceleration and responce than the 87 CRX Si before I slapped on a turbo.....hmmmmm....maybe the D15A3 was tired.

Well this baby does have pop up headlights, hatch back (not lift back) and rear disks.....so what your saying is I'm getting a TRUE AE86? pictures of the rusting old girl sooon

RWD?
4AGE?
Stick Shift?
LSD?
and it looks all original, and not peiced together from another car?

Then you have the dream car for some people....buy it....drive it out to CT, and I'll give you a 91 Accord, and a 88 Accord.......hmmmmm...what elso do I have to bargain with.......a B18B1 with C1 pistons......hmmmmm

let me get pictures first before you start trading your stuff...and it does say GT-S on the side too....

Do you want a 302 to go with your 260z? Throw in the tranny for free.

that would be sweet...but I might just keep the stock engine in it, and just clean it up a little...it will help the re-sale value..

Back