should i buy this type r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaa.jpg

9 piece <_<

a friend of mine has an h22a into a crx...and its not that fast. he went 12.8's with header, exhaust and hasn't been able to run better than 13.1's since his one 12.8's run.

my ITR civic was easily faster and he agreed...basically h22's have the shittiest transmissions ever and very little aftermarket support. putting pistons in an h22a is kinda difficult because of the oem cylinder walls, putting another intake manifold on the car requires pulling the motor, converting to cable shifter is awkward...and converting to hydro clutch isn't easy either.

and getting a 97 ITR for less than 15k is a steal...i don't know where you guys are finding them for 13.5k.

alot of people say that their only a little different. i think its just gsr owners saying that because they dont have one.

my God, you just posted about 6 posts in the last 3 seconds. We can pay attention to posts that are more then one line long. If you post something press add reply, then suddenly change your mind, or want to add more to your post, click the edit key.

A forum is not a chat room. You can make a post as long as you want and people will still read it.

There is no reason for a "should I buy an R" post reach over 50 posts in less then 8 minutes.

Originally posted by noid1234blueya@Jan 4 2004, 07:57 PM
so everone agrees. 10900 is a good deal right?

good deal for buy and drive......

but a better deal and a project would be the sleeper CRX..

thats for the old crx?

i have a friend that has a 91 crx si shell for 600. it has minor rust on the rear fenders. besides that everything is ok. but its yellow.

so i should buy the crx and rims and body kit and paint job and still be able to complete the swap for $10000??

Originally posted by noid1234blueya@Jan 4 2004, 08:02 PM
thats for the old crx?

i have a friend that has a 91 crx si shell for 600. it has minor rust on the rear fenders. besides that everything is ok. but its yellow.

so i should buy the crx and rims and body kit and paint job and still be able to complete the swap for $10000??

haha... the rims, body kit, hood, swap, any other power adders, safety equipment, and a full suspention package will only run you under $6000....if done right.

If I had a customer that wanted a full car for under $10K's, and the car was built to hell and looked nice...I would have a hell of a profit...

I need to open a shop...damn it.

get me the body, the engine, and your credit card number, and I can build you a car that will perform to your requirements...but I am an autocross freak, so corners are my game. If you want a drag monster, that's also easy to build, but no fun for the ladies on the Saturday night cruise's.

Hell, I would give you my CRX, built up, with a turbo, with a completely fresh engine, for about $5000...but it's not for sale...it's my baby and I'm not done with it yet. That's only if you promice to autocross it and take pics....hehe

the kit itself is 2500!! the paint would be atleast 3500 and to get the motor mounts and everthind else would be atleast 2000. rims 2000 and your going to need something else for sure!! like brakes, interior..ect..

you must be lookin in the WRONG places, what kind of rims are you lookin at that are 2 grand 18 inch chromers. 2 grand for brakes and mounts, a type r is quick but not quick enough to need 13" rotors. You don't need mounts for a 92-95 Civic (except the driverside [$50]).

Just No, buy the type r keep it stock, cause with that kind of mind and pricing estimate ur going to get screwed

Originally posted by noid1234blueya@Jan 4 2004, 08:24 PM
the kit itself is 2500!! the paint would be atleast 3500 and to get the motor mounts and everthind else would be atleast 2000. rims 2000 and your going to need something else for sure!! like brakes, interior..ect..

Mugen kit= less than 1800
Paint = 500
mounts to an ist gen CRX = 600
rims and tires=1000
brake upgrade from junyard=300
swap=500
Suspention= 1000 if you want the good stuff
interior dress up items...if I have them=1000
minor parts for the rebuild=300

and that's for an Airjockie special.......a car you would love to drive away and could kick the snot out of any compition(racing) that you enter.

Total= $6100 if you have the car and the motor/trany

but if you went with the stock appearance of the older car, and a decent paintjob, some cheaper rims, and a normal suspention, and stripped the interior...then I can get that price down to 3000....

so you would only need to get the parts and paint....I have a basement full of body parts, I can fab almost anything in my cutrate garage, and hell...if you want show..I can get almost anything from JDM land....

It really matters....what do you want the car to be...Show, go, or perform?

im lookin to get the 12 piece kit which is 2500. and a nice paint job and some nice 19 inch rated r rims(if they make them) i know to swap that motor in has got to cost atleast 1500 easy!

im selling my realllly nice 2001 lude sh tommarrow so i have to have something that wont make me cry next week for selling.

by the way, how do i put a pic on here for you to see?

does it really hurt to get a car that has a salvaged title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back