Should I Crome Pro or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Just wondering, would it be cheaper for me to buy the tuning hardware and software(CromePro+Ostrich+Wideband) and do it myself or should I just take it to the shop? I'm a noob at tuning also. The CRX is probably the last Honda(at least the ones with tuneable ECUs) I will own.

However imagine the possibility of tuning other's vehicles in the future, it'd kinda pay for it's self. Just a matter of what you'd want to do...

Just my $.02 :laugh:

it will be cheaper to have someone else do it.

once.

after that, its cost beneficial to have your own stuff.

but, you don't really need crome pro. you can tune on regular crome. the wideband you can port.
the ostrich you can re-sell....
(don't forget a burn1 chip bruner)

so it could end up costing you a lot less---- but you still don't know what you're doing, so maybe taking it to someone that does is a good idea :)

Quoted post[/post]]
it will be cheaper to have someone else do it.

once.

after that, its cost beneficial to have your own stuff.

but, you don't really need crome pro. you can tune on regular crome. the wideband you can port.
the ostrich you can re-sell....
(don't forget a burn1 chip bruner)

so it could end up costing you a lot less---- but you still don't know what you're doing, so maybe taking it to someone that does is a good idea :)

B broke it down nice.........

I was thinking Crome Pro because doesn't it have autotune feature(does this even work with ITBs)?

Well, the car is definantly going to be tuned more than once because I'm doing everything one-by-one(ITBs, and then compression/pistons, and then aspiration). I guess I'll buy my own stuff then.

As for the burner; I was thinking of just tuning the maps with Ostrich to where I want and then send the map to someone who has a burner.

Thanks for the replies.

i'd do the itb's last. and don't even think about using auto tune on that... lol itb's are the worst thing in the world to tune.
auto tune is for part throttle cruising mostly...

i'd go to someone who knows ITB's. when we were tuning tbones car, it took 3 people expereinced with tuning about 6 hours for the car to idle.

good luck.

i won't touch them.

i hope your not trying to tune an OBD0 car with crome since it is for OBD1. i would get your own shit since it is pretty easy to learn how to tune as long as you don't mind reading and practiceing.

Quoted post[/post]]
i hope your not trying to tune an OBD0 car with crome since it is for OBD1.

Yes, I'm tuning an OBD0 car...thats equipped with an OBDI ecu :wink:

I'm going to get my own stuff; I currently work from 4AM-9AM right now so I have all day to do whatever(what I need to do really is find a day job).

As for the ITBs, I guess I'll wait until I get more info on how to tune them. I'm still working on that Hybrid ITB setup I talked about earlier(I've come up with a few revisions...it's still sophisticated and untested though); that's going to make things more complicated so I'll just run a manifold until it's restricting me.

What do i use for an obd II car to tune then. I didnt know Chrome was for obd I.
If you response is convert to OBDI how much you think thatll cost?

you convert obd2-1. but this has NOTHING to do with his topic. please start your own.

Back