Should I do it? NEED ADVICE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LS_VTEC

you get the BRAKE
94 civic dx hatchback, suspension, wheels, some c.f. pieces and a 96 jdm itr swap.

The kicker is, its not running very well due to bent valves in cylinder #4. The shell is very clean, no rust.

Should I buy it? They want $3000.

Should I, or NO? NEED INPUT.

Personally, I wouldn't...but that's a decent deal I guess. For under $300(if you remove the head yourself), you can have the bent valve fixed.

Well this was the deal, I told them to pull the head because I wanted to see if the valve dropped and did serious damage to the piston. If it did, than the condition of the bearings in that cylinder, along with the cylinder walls can be questionable. They pulled the head and called me to come back and take a look at it. I just plain offered him 2300 cash and he told me I was crazy. So now, I am almost sure it hasnt sold yet so I may just pick it up and re-do the head and put it all back together. The more I think about it, the more I wanna do it. Good project, even if I have to re-build the head. 9200rpm doesnt sound so bad on an itr. ;)

well shit you dont know until you see for yourself right?

Personally I wouldn't touch it. If you decide to buy it make sure you take a good look at it in the person before you hand over any cash.

If you're going to check out the head yourself, and it looks good, let me play devil's advocate here for a second and say dooooo eeett!!!! :D

EDIT: Just for shits and giggles, I would personally run the numbers on the engine, just to make sure it was legit.

devils advocate... lol. The owner is a puertorican kid. His cousin (or whoever) is the one who pulled the head. Hopefully they didnt destroy it. I have to see it, than I can make a decision.

$3000 for a clean shell is a decent price on its own (at least around my area it is)
you get some rims, suspension, and a few other bits with it
the engine may or may not be in savable condition... but for a $3000 clean rust free chassis :gives:

buy the fucking car

yea, even in our area (he's a bit south of me), it's still a good deal

devils advocate... lol. The owner is a puertorican kid. His cousin (or whoever) is the one who pulled the head. Hopefully they didnt destroy it. I have to see it, than I can make a decision.

DOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As E said "buy the fucking car!"
Oh shit, a Puerto Rican kid? I'm Puerto Rican and umm...well, like E said "BUY THE FUCKING CAR!" If they did destroy it, then you will be able to figure it out...like you said...which I really don't know why I am repeating what you said, since you already said it and...I'm rambling again. Time to go!

To quote E again "BUY THE FUCKING CAR!" :D

do it. just think of how much you would pay for the shell and engine if you had to do it yourself.

Its cheaper even if you do the work....do it

some of the fastest vehicles in my local area are owned by puertoricans that do amazing work in their little chop shops. soooo glad i dont own a honda :D

he already tried to low ball him... didnt work...

got pics ????

Back