Should I do this to my CRX??

Mugen paint scheme or other?

• Strip your shit down and paint it frosty white.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it gunmetal, less attention from the fuzz.

• Forget it, buy a low mileage 91 yellow si and leave it sto

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Well, I've been trying to decide which way I want to go with my CRX..

Its gunmetal right now.. Not a bad color. But is a crappy paint job. I shot it gunmetal because that is the closest color to the road, and it attracts less attention form the po-po's

I would like to go brilliant white with some seriously fine metal flake so it looks like frost. But that would be some serious work...

Then I ran across the Mugen CRX.. (paint scheme) I thought, that would be easy to do, because my car used to be red, and the jams, interior, and engine bay are still red.. I have everything at my disposal to do it...

The good:
Its a damn good looking car.
Would be easy to convert mine.

The bad:
A little ricey..
Poserish.. No, I'm not going to go spend 30 bagillion dollars buying mugen everything, so it would be correct.
Would attract all kinds of attention from the fuzz.

What do you think?

mugen.jpg

lose the wiper and the spoiler and its cool for a track car, not a daily. if the rex is a daily, dont do it.

EDIT: i just saw the last option on the poll, dude, get the si

Thats kind of what I'm thinking.. part my car out, sell all of my parts that are laying around, save up some cash and buy the si..

BUT, the Si is a mythical beast at the moment.. That is my "dream" crx.. a barbados yellow 91 si in perfect shape, with low mileage. I've had my eye out for one for several years now, havent found it...

"your opinion may count for once"?

You're an arrogant little monkey, ain'tcha?

In other news: gaudy paint schemes suck for street cars.

EDIT: about a year ago this older guy was selling a showroom condition '91 CRX Si in yellow with only 26k original miles on it. He ended up getting 5k for it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 26 2005, 11:52 AM
EDIT: about a year ago this older guy was selling a showroom condition '91 CRX Si in yellow with only 26k original miles on it. He ended up getting 5k for it.
[post=531375]Quoted post[/post]​

Geez... droolage.

I know where one is that has 45k on it, and is in show room condition, but the guy is in california and the car is NOT for sale. He has like 6 crx's.. and you can buy any of them, except that one. :p

i just sold my crx si for 2500, theres a woman my dad works with that has a yellow si with like 30k on the clock.

not for sale though :p

If I saw someone driving a CRX down the street with a knockoff Mugen paintjob, I would throw a cinder block at them.

edit: I think I'm going to wait until November 2007 to vote/respond to the poll.

There's a guy on ebay trying to sell his HF with a mugen paintjob. Personally it looks like shit for a street car and I would not be caught dead in it... but thats just my opinion... Yellow Si would be quite nice.

if your gonna show it definatly do it....daily driver hell naw!!!! your trying to get pulled over and get your shit stolen

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 26 2005, 03:02 PM
If I saw someone driving a CRX down the street with a knockoff Mugen paintjob, I would throw a cinder block at them.

edit: I think I'm going to wait until November 2007 to vote/respond to the poll.
[post=531453]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I say hell no on painting a street car like this...

jesus christ. he doesn't even have this car anymore!

:lock:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 20 2005, 10:26 AM
jesus christ. he doesn't even have this car anymore!

:lock:
[post=557049]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I sold that biatch a few weeks ago.. I left it gunmetal, BTW.

[/thread]

Back