Should I get this WRX

To buy or not to buy

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

This has WAY to many miles I know (I would think they are highway miles), How reliable are high mileage subaru's, anyone know?

Only reason why I ask is because I'd be able to get a great deal on it

Click here

first one, wheels, carbon fiber hood, turbo timer = BEAT ON...
and a high mileage beating at that...

the second one... a dodge??? :blink:

i agree, if the wrx was stock and some old head had it for commuting then id say maybe, but hell no with the cf hood and what not

and the second one... a neon?????? id rather have a k swapped ek than either of those, but id rather take my chances in a high milage wrx than a neon

just my opinion

(and for those neon owners who bitch about their "srt-4"s being called neons, well they are so shut it)

If someone really enjoys their car, they will drive it. High mileage = good in my book.

And if you can get a good deal on a car with miles - and you aren't comfortable, then get a regular deal on a car with lower miles. Shit, Yoda told me that - back in 1983.

I thought srt-4 were cool .
a buddy of mine and his wife both have one and he let me drive his and I wasnt impressed with it at all. redline is 6000, doesnt seem powerful at all and he had the stage 2 kit put on his.

I bet when i get my turbo done, i will be able to beat him. just my two cents. but if your a neon fan then you will like the car

plus 18g's for that neon is 3 grand to much, you can get it for less, plus youll want a 05 over a 04, better tranny (lsd), bigger injectors.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Sep 12 2005, 08:51 PM
just drove the WRX, man what a peice of shit
[post=553397]Quoted post[/post]​

care to explain why?

Originally posted by ripperbone@Sep 12 2005, 09:05 PM
I thought srt-4 were cool .
a buddy of mine and his wife both have one and he let me drive his and I wasnt impressed with it at all. redline is 6000, doesnt seem powerful at all and he had the stage 2 kit put on his.

I bet when i get my turbo done, i will be able to beat him. just my two cents. but if your a neon fan then you will like the car

plus 18g's for that neon is 3 grand to much, you can get it for less, plus youll want a 05 over a 04, better tranny (lsd), bigger injectors.
[post=553407]Quoted post[/post]​

04's and 05's are identical they both have the LSD and injectors. 03's are the ones that are diff.

18K for an 04 SRT is WAYYY too much. you can have one for around 13-14K.

the averagae retail on that neon is about 19-20k i think your getting a good deal

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.4L HO Turbo
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: FWD
Mileage: 6,000

Search Listings for This Car

Free CARFAX Record Check

Auto Loans from 4.99% APR

Insurance Quote

Payment Calculator

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Moon Roof
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Retail Value Search Local Listings for This Car $20,025

stock WRX's aren't impressive. A stock one if far from something to drool about. They're actually pretty slow.

If you mod it, that's a different story. You can make plenty of power. 20k miles a year isn't a lot. At least not for me and I only "beat" on my car every now and then.

The only REAL mod I see is the exhaust. I'm sure it made a difference, nothing severly noticeable though..

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 13 2005, 03:50 AM-->
@Sep 12 2005, 08:51 PM
just drove the WRX, man what a peice of shit
[post=553397]Quoted post[/post]​

care to explain why?
[post=553476]Quoted post[/post]​

Because It was beat on to hell, Everytime I hit a bump I heard the exhaust hitting the rear bumber, smelled like it was running rich, shifted like a dump truck, idled horrible, when I revved the engine, the whole engine moved by a ridiculous amount followed by a loud noise, and when I turned it off it made the loudest noise out of the muffler, I'm not sure what it was, brakes were horrible made alot of noise too, carbon fiber hood? yea right peice of shit, You can tell it was an ebay hood, badly fading, doesn't even line up, rusted hood pins, and rim paint was chipping, Man I could go on and on.

The only thing I enjoyed was the new car smell

Don't get my wrong I love the WRX, but this one was definently a peice of shit!

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 13 2005, 04:08 AM
Because it shifts like a dump truck perhaps ?

-> Steve
[post=553484]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep, You got it, Took the words right from my post!

The major downfall of the Suby trans is just like the Nissans transmissions. The mounts suck. The engine movement under-hood of all WRXs I've seen is too much, and during a really spirited drive a few weeks ago, I kicked it down to 2nd gear and ripped through a corner without power (The only way to fool the ass end out) and then I hammered the 2nd gear.... BLAM! It felt like someone sideswiped the car.

The trans mount had actually hit the steel on the mount. Feh. I remember from my Bug that when the motor was tight to the frame, the ride was brutal - So I'm sure that Subaru had to soften it up to make them sell.

But yeah, WRXs shift like dump trucks. It's a REAL talent to cleanly shift them.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 13 2005, 09:24 AM-->
I kicked it down to 2nd gear and ripped through a corner without power (The only way to fool the ass end out)
[post=553686]Quoted post[/post]​
Huh? :blink: I think you need to drive the car some more. :) I break the back end loose on an almost-daily basis, and THE way to do it is with lots of throttle.

Celerity
@Sep 13 2005, 09:24 AM
The trans mount had actually hit the steel on the mount. Feh. I remember from my Bug that when the motor was tight to the frame, the ride was brutal - So I'm sure that Subaru had to soften it up to make them sell.
[post=553686]Quoted post[/post]​

The stock mounts are indeed crap, especially the pitch stop mount (holds the top of the tranny to the chassis) and the tranny mount (bottom of the tranny to the subframe). I replaced both of those, for a grand total of $60, and noted a distinct improvement.

Back