should i go ls vtec or turbo ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

title sums it up. i have a honda del sol 93 si with a 95 integ ls motor. should i go ls vtec or turbo. just looking for a lil more power.

LS vtec could range from 600-1200 and you will spend the same for a turbo set up. IMO go boost... I never understood why people do Ls vtec when a B16 is 1000$. Ls vtec is also more stress on your crank the B18B is not ment to have a vtec head or honda would have built it with a vtec head, Honda engineered the GSR type r and B16 vtec motors different from the B18 the differences are crank and rods. Im sure a lot of members that have ls vtecs would disagree but honda puts millions into thier R and D to build you a reliable and strong running motor... dont ruin it with parts it should not have just force more air and fuel into it.

ok well my goal is more power lol and people was telling me go ls vtec or turbo. ive herd good and bad about both. so im going to go turbo. thanks for the help. engine is being built btw. thanks for the help again.

You will see nice great numbers if you make that b18 head flow better, trash the intake mani for starters and get sk2 or blox, if your tight on money you can get the stock intake worked.. its about the same as a blox if you do that. Low comp pistons, Thick head gasket, apr head bolts, rod end cap bolts as well. I head B18 shot peened rods will hold 400hp. If you can afford 500 for a set of rods get some eagle rods, now your motors built proof :).

yea i got a greedy turbo kit brand new for it crower cams and springs and such forth. have the sk2 intake mani. just need to get head worked. and i plan on building the bottom 2. << bottom i need ideas for. head im good on.

Im not a B fan but i used Ls rods in my Y8 many years ago, they were shot peened and the little y8 was pushing 280 to wheels on a street tune with stock head. But if your going through all the work of building your motor cheap I-beams like this are easy to get a hold of, you can build that bottom end for less than 400$ off ebay. Dont used sealed power bearings get ACL's off ebay they are 30$ for a set. B18B is 9.2 c/r just use a thick hg to lower comp a lil. run stock pistons.

About low low CR and power loss unless you have a monster turbo.. For all you low compression whores, read. - Team Integra

Rods: HONDA 1.8L INTEGRA 4340 FORGED H-BEAM RODS B18A/B DOHC: eBay Motors (item 310225985402 end time Jul-10-10 12:37:43 PDT)

Back