Should I trade??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haao13

I've had my 07 Civic ex on craigslist for a while looking for something a little more exciting to drive. I'm mainly looking for a wrx for the fact that they're fun to drive and woud be great all year. However, I was recently offered an 03 s2000 with 66k. The kicker...R-Title. The cars looks beautiful from the pictures but have always been leary about R-titles. So what are some others opinions. Should I trade or keep the civic?

I wouldn't. a wrecked car is never the same. even a light tap, and those don't get R titled.

plus, it's not what you want. useless in the winter.

im not too worried about it in the winter. i can always get a beater or use the gf's pathfinder. more worried about it having an r title. he says its perfect and was done right

Here is the car

3246.jpg

3247.jpg

3248.jpg

I see nothing

damn. its been so long since i posted pictures i guess i forget how. just copy the url from my album right?

Pics work for me. Maybe find out WHY the car was repaired? Sometimes a stolen engine is enough to salvage out a car. You can get good unwrecked S2000s for just over $10k though- look into one of those.

apparently the previous owner got hit in the rear/quarter area then had the ap2 front bumper put on and repainted redish orange for some reason when it got fixed. unfortunately not in my area. theyre all 11+ grand even with over 100k

Stock Wrx's aren't that fast and get terrible mpgsss. The awd is the only reason id ever get one. Personally id look into finding a nice quatrro Audi...

the s2k is gonna rot from the inside out due to the quarter most likely being replaced
most shops don't take the time and precaution to prevent the car from rusting on the inside when they replace a quarter

and you'll be lucky to sell it for 50-60% of book value with a salvage/rebuilt title
walk away and keep looking

I'm leaning more towards not. I love the car but really not willing to take such a loss when mine is a clear title. I said I'd at least check it out but idk if I'm even willing to do that now

Last edited:
Back