should i turbo or no

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude_racer

luv them hondas
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: i have a 98 sh and my buddy said with 10:1 compresion that a turbo would just tear apart my h22 said that i will have to pull the motor and basically rebuild entirely to make a turbo function to its fullest extent with minimall turbo lag. what are the best mods to put on that motor for the best horsepower affordably cause lets face it turbo kits are alot of money. i have another buddy that said with a good tune it will run fine i need to know from experience what is the best way with out hurting my engine to bad.

you need to lower the comp for that motor if you're going to boost high. otherwise 8-9psi is do-able on your stock internals as long as you have it TUNED. find a tuner with a wideband and a dyno of some sort.

ummm...the atts wont work either and youll probably tear apart that tranny before the engine.

needless to say, the sh isnt a good platform, but at low boost youll be fine. itd probably be a better idea to go with the supercharger.

I dont know the reliability of a H22, but 10:1 isnt that high of a CR for boosting. My Matrix is a 10.5:1 and I ran it on 14psi at the track, 10 daily. The XRS Matrix's are 11.5:1 CR and they boost 9-11psi with Water Injection. Its all in the tune and the driver, if you beat it hardcore it will fail over time.

h22s have weak ring lands...and the atts doesnt work over (supposedly) 250whp. thats why i suggest just going with the JRSC.

^good info to have. Lots of these "What can I do" posts lately. I just hate when people say OH it has a 10:1 CR it cant be boosted. We all know thats BS :p

especially with the number of boosted gsrs and itrs out there

I dont know the reliability of a H22, but 10:1 isnt that high of a CR for boosting. My Matrix is a 10.5:1 and I ran it on 14psi at the track, 10 daily. The XRS Matrix's are 11.5:1 CR and they boost 9-11psi with Water Injection. Its all in the tune and the driver, if you beat it hardcore it will fail over time.

If u drive anything like an ass it's gunna fail overtime, good point dude

why would it be best if i used a supercharger instead of a turbo if they both are booosting than wont the super charger were the tranny just like the turbo but i also need to know the bolt on mods that would be a little bit less exspensive but will feel the difference by far more power efficient. i raced a 92 beemer my buddy has and beat him by 3-4 car lengths but i want to demolition him. and i raced a ford lightnig my other buddy has and didnt stand a chance in any situtation i need to be faster
:cool:

well if you want to boost then the other bolt ons are a waste of time.
the SC will own an auto tryany because fo the extra torqu at low rpms. as far as im concerned turbo at 8 psi will give you more power that anything else you could do. you can buil a kit for 1000. find a tunner and get it done. do you have good compression. how many miles. like stated above. if you beat on anything it will fail over time. good tune and driveing like your not an ass most of the tiem will give you a reliable car.

but to answer your Q.
Cold air intake
exaust
headers. waste of money if you are going turbo. ok if useing SC

it is a 98 100,000 miles 10-1 compresion so how can i build it for 1000 bucks with everything i need

what is the compression in the cylinder. get a compression chech or do one. idk what good compression for that motor is but at 100,000 miles your good.

go to Homemadeturbo.com

all info you need. the for sale threads in there can get you most everything for a good price.

Manifold 150
wastegate 100 ebay
bov 75 ebay
pipeing 200 thats figured real high with couplers
turbo 200 used
FMIC 150 i have one if you want it for less.
Oil lines 75 stealthmode 75 shiped ftw
mis 50 t fitings vac hose. zip ties.
total 1000

fuck injectors 219 new. 50 used 440cc should be fine
well $1050.
but again the more you look the lower your price will be.
dosenot include a tune. Xenocron sells chiped ecu and can get you a base map. find some one local who can tune with crome
can you weld. if you can go dumster diveing at a local exaust shop. you can get used stuff cheap.
check out the site i said.

Info SSautoChrome is shit. i have there manifold, cheap cheap cheap and it will crack. everyones dose so dont buy one of those off ebay.
cheap chinese turbos are a no no to. i have one and have not used it. i am going to put it on my new setup and see how long it lasts. try and find a used turbonetics or garett. the chinese are a hit and miss so it might last but it might not.

need help pm me

Info SSautoChrome is shit. i have there manifold, cheap cheap cheap and it will crack. everyones dose so dont buy one of those off ebay.

I agree 100% :) DO NOT BUY SSAutoChrome / XSPower

Back