Should I?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I found a guy that wants to sell me his D16Y8 intake manifold that was recently port and polished for around $100.00. I currently have a D16Y8 manifold that is not ported and polished and was wondering if the port and polished one would be a good investment? Will I be able to just bolt this manifold on and go? I have an Apex'i World Sport exhaust with DC header, if that matters. The manifold would comes with everything, fuel rail, all sensors, ets etc...

Thanks for any replies

Thanks for the replies. Would I need anything else to have the manifold fit correctly? Such as a new Throttle body? Or would the new manifold fit onto my stock throttle body correctly? :unsure:
:wall:

Depends if he port matched to a larger throttle body... if so, you need the matching TB- otherwise you'll probably be ok. There's no way any of us on the board can know the specifics of a custom port job that we haven't seen.

You already have a Y8 manifold so why would you buy another one? Just port and polish the one you have. I don't see the point in spending 100 bucks for something you already have and can just do yourself. You probably won't even notice a difference anyways.

you cant just DO a port and poilsh job, first of all if he doesnt have the knowledge to di it hecant do it at all second of all by the time he went out to buy all the stuff tyo do it hed have near that in it. and thirdly you cant go have it done for that money, and its also a complete manifold with rail and all. So therefore there is a real good point in what you dont see any point in.

Scoop up the mani bub thats a good deal :thumbsup:

Waste of 100 bucks. He already has a Y8 manifold. No point in buying another one. Like I said earlier it won't make enough difference to even matter. Save your money for something that is worth it like a turbo, LSD, better tires, etc... :roll:

Why are you always raining on peoples parades? stop being such a dick "no point in buying one if he has one" well his isn't ported is it?

A PnP job will help with the flow after a motor is turbo'd so why not buy it? it's not like he can't sell his current y8 piece for 100 bucks after he buys the ported one.

Stop being Mr Negative already.

i had my intake manifold ported on my old 94 ls motor . biiiiig difference. Go pick it up and slap her on. Youll be happy.

Sell your old manifold if the pnp one is satisfactory.

btw. DOn't listen to beerbongkicksass.
He's a fucktard that doesn't know when not to post.

Definitely pick it up. Your TB will fit the ported manifold just fine, even if he did have his TB portmatched to the manifold. It's going to cost me almost a hundred bucks just to get my p73 manifold portmatched to my head, and that doesn't include the almost 200 I payed just for the manifold. If anything, just get your TB portmatched, but it be a huge deal if you don't. You could prolly turn around and sell your manifold for like 30-40 bucks. That would mean you spent a total of 60 bucks on a pnp IM. Good investment I'd say.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 17 2004, 06:52 AM
Definitely pick it up. Your TB will fit the ported manifold just fine, even if he did have his TB portmatched to the manifold. It's going to cost me almost a hundred bucks just to get my p73 manifold portmatched to my head, and that doesn't include the almost 200 I payed just for the manifold. If anything, just get your TB portmatched, but it be a huge deal if you don't. You could prolly turn around and sell your manifold for like 30-40 bucks. That would mean you spent a total of 60 bucks on a pnp IM. Good investment I'd say.

And that is what the Rock is cookin'!!!

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 17 2004, 12:52 AM
Definitely pick it up. Your TB will fit the ported manifold just fine, even if he did have his TB portmatched to the manifold.

Well, not if it's matched to a larger TB. It'll work, but it won't be ideal.

Why do all you guys think he should upgrade his manifold so fast? There's nothing wrong with the intake manifold he already has. Unless he has a built sohc running crazy high boost the stock Y8 manifold will work just fine. I mean seriously how much extra horsepower are we talking about here with this PnP Y8 mani? I am guessing not enough for the butt dyno to notice. 100 dollars isn't chicken feed and I can't justify spending that much money for minimal gains. He already has the best flowing stock d-series manifold there is so just stick with that. I am not trying to be a dick I am just trying to save this guy a few bucks.

The whole point is 100 bucks for a PnP'd manifold is a fucking KILLER deal...i'd happily rip into my rent money to buy something like that I could use.

Say later on he gets the edelbrock turbo for the y8...now he has a PnP IM and a turbo...his motor has some mad flow now y0!

Why do you think it's such a waste of money? He can easily turn around, clean up his current IM and sell it for 100 bucks...this way he's broken even and now has a PnP'd IM for a KILLER price......

FREE

Back